cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Winter skin

Spoiler

What products do you guys use the combat the harsh winter? I live in NYC so I am always outside. My skin constantly feels dry. Hands included!!! Help! 

Re: Winter skin

I live in Canada and I totally understand the winter dry skin! Personally, I love the Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cleanser, it has helped me so much with my VERY DRY skin! It is the most hydrating cleanser I've tried and I swear by it. Next, I'm going to try the matching moisturizer because I just love the cleanser. It is a bit pricey but I find I don't have to use that much! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!! 

@emcroth the Skinfix Hand Repair Cream 3 oz/ 89 mL is so good and it's currently on sale. 100% recommend for dry hands. Also, like you use layer to keep warm, use skincare in layers to keep moisture in. From thinner consistency like hydrating toners, and essences (look for K beauty ones, they're the best, like LANEIGE Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer 5.0 oz/ 150 mL ), a hydrating serum (lots of options- look for beta glucan, glycerin, squalane, hyaluronic acid), and top with your favorite moisturizer, maybe one on the thicker side with more occlusives. For lips, nothing has beat Lanolips 101 ointment but since it's on the thicker side, I use that at night and LANEIGE Limited Edition Lip Sleeping Mask during the day. Aquafor is also a great option to prevent wind-chapped lips.

@emcroth

I hear 100% on this. Toronto here. 
Do you notice your scalp also gets itchy when you crank the heat up? For that I use Living Proof Scalp Care Dry Scalp Treatment 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 
I was in the US recently and picked up a skincare line from Neiman Marcus called Verso, I got the Hand Serum and Facial Hydration Serum. They have been life changing for my hands and face. I wish Sephora carried it. 

Thank you for this scalp recommendation as my scalp has been super dry as well @GG84 ! I’ve been using the Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Tea Tree Scalp Treatment Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL because I got it in a sub box and it’s doing a decent job, but always looking for good products ! 

@emcroth @I totally feel that! Especially with the radiators!!! My skin has been so dry! 

I find LANEIGE Cica Sleeping Mask really nice on my skin for comforting it and I also really love beauty balms. I recently bought a new one elsewhere but in the past I used REN Clean Skincare Evercalm™ Overnight Recovery Balm which I also liked. Beauty balms tend to be a bit greasier, but sometimes I really just need that extra layer even if it takes a longer time to absorb 

the L'Occitane Nourishing and Protective Shea Butter Hand Cream snd Clarins Hand & Nail Nourishing Treatment Cream 3.5 oz/ 103 mL have also been really helpful and I also really like Nécessaire The Body Serum - With Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide + Ceramide 5.1 oz/ 150 mL for adding an extra layer of hydration under body moisturizer 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing