From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Wich products are your favs for combination/acne skin(face cream, toner, mask)

Okay so i’ve already tried alot of different brands and products but since my skin is really sensitive and changes from time to time i have to go for new products every 3/4 months. I wanted to know what are your favorite night maks and recovery cream for acne scars and sensitive skin please im a little desperate Ps pardon my english im not totaly bilingual☺️

Re: Wich products are your favs for combination/acne skin(face cream, toner, mask)

@mpl7 I would recommend a retinol and some kind of exfoliator. For an exfoliator I really like BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Glycolic Renewal Facialbecause it leaves my (also combo, acne prone) skin glowing, clear, and soft. Plus it's pretty gentle and glides on so nicely. I like FARMACY - HONEYMOON GLOW AHA Resurfacing Night Serum with Hydrating Honey + Gentle Flower Acidsas a more everyday treatment but it might be a little strong for you if your skin is sensitive. You might want to try another acid with a lower % of acids to start out, or maybe dilute/mix it with a night cream and only use every few days to start.

Retinol has a cumulative effect in the skin and it can also be pretty strong if you're just starting out. I would start only one of these products at a time and wait at least 3-4 months to make sure your skin is adjusting before adding in the other if your skin is very sensitive. Retinol has helped me personally with stopping my hormonal acne breakouts and boosts cell regeneration- which helps erase scaring. I bought and use the Drunk Elephant retinol, but there are many good ones available. I've had my tube since January and started off using it once a week mixed/diluted with a hydrating serum (a sample comes with it but I purchased a similar serum from Klairs) and have just recently moved to using it twice a week. I will say it took about a month to see results and at first there was one time I overused it and dried out/ damaged my skin so you do have to be careful, but I have been amazed at the turnaround in my skin. You definitely need to be sure to adequately hydrate and moisturize your skin though or it'll start to crack and peel/flake

Re: Wich products are your favs for combination/acne skin(face cream, toner, mask)

Also totally forgot, for a face cream I love Origins High-Potency Night-a-Mins™ Resurfacing Cream with Fruit-Derived AHAs 1.7 oz/ 50 mLbut Biossance Squalane + Omega Repair Deep Hydration Moisturizer 1.69 oz / 50 mLis equally moisturizing without the acids (in case the other is too much for your skin). I just use an aveda toner so I don't have much to recommend there

Hi @mpl7,

If you have acne scars, I recommend looking into getting an exfoliating product and a brightening serum to even out your skin tone.

For exfoliating, I really love the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Refillable Exfoliator 2.6 oz/ 74g

For brightening, I recommend the Sunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL.

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

Hey there @mpl7,

Our Dermalogica MultiVitamin Power Recovery Mask 2.5 oz/ 75 mLis an excellent masque to help reduce discolouration on skin while soothing and hydrating it. We like to call this a '911 in a tube' since it helps with many skin concerns.

Hope you find this helpful! 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing