Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Whats YOUR acne holy-grail?

Ngl I get most of my information about products - whats good, a cult-classic, etc.- from other people, so help a girl out and give me your #1 holy grail product for oily and acne-prone skin.
I’d be especially interested to know toners & sunscreen!! 🙂

Re: Whats YOUR acne holy-grail?

@NepetaSenpai I don't know if I'd say there was one HG product that really reduced my acne. It was more about embracing changes in my overall skincare routine--- starting double cleansing, not drying out my skin with too many actives, incorporating hydrating steps, actually using moisturizer meant for my skin, etc. I have found that BHAs, snail, and tea tree products really helped quell the breakouts and Clinique's clearing gel spot treatment is my absolute favorite for the occasional pimple that may still pop up. 

For sunscreen, absolutely the Unseen Sunscreen from Super Goop! If I’m not wearing any other makeup but if I put makeup over it I love Glow Recipe’s watermelon glow niacinimide sunscreen - it’s not greasy at all and leaves a glowy base that doesn’t make my oily skin LOOK oily!

@NepetaSenpai ,

I have combo skin, dry at the forehead and it gets oiler as you go south, 🤣

The peels I'll use as needed, sometimes 1-2 x/wk, as it gets warmer and I get oiler, alternating days.

Make sure you have hydrators (toners/serums/moisturizer), acne products can strip away too much moisture

My faves:

Peace Out Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

belif The True Cream - Aqua Bomb Sunscreen 2-in-1 SPF 50 and Moisturizer 

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion Travel-Friendly Plastic Bottle 

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Extra Strength Daily Peel Pads 

The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL 

First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads 60 Pads 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors