Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

What’s are good products for an oily acne prone skin?

If anyone suffers from acne prone skin and also oiliness tell me products that have work for you to improve that.

Re: What’s are good products for an oily acne prone skin?

My skin responses better to over-hydrate route than the over-exfoliate-and-medicate route. IAvoid facial scrubs, facial brush, chemical peels, and most toners. Figuring out which products (salicylic acid vs. benzoyl peroxide vs glycolic acid vs. etc.) are best for you is always a personal trial and error process, but these three products definitely worked for me:  REN ClearCalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser, Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask, and Peace Out Acne Dots. 

What’s are good products for an oily acne prone skin?

What really helped with controlling my oily skin is focusing on hydration and moisture. At least for me, I was excessively oily because my skin was pretty dry. I added in CeraVe Daily Moisturizer and Hado Labo Hylaronic Acid Lotion. Really anything with Hylaronic Acid will help with hydration. That and glycerin. For a cleanser, I just recommend finding one that is not over drying. At the moment I use Neutrogena Acne Wash which seems to do well. It's in the clear bottle with orange liquid inside it. Supplemental products that might be helpful are chemical exfoliantors (AHA or BHA). So salycilic acid is a BHA and it can help clean out your pores. Just start at a small percentage and then work your way up. Niacinamide is also helpful for acne prone skin.

Tarte’s blemish bully spot treatment was a huge lifesaver for me. It doesn’t leave a film or residue after you put it on, so it works great under makeup!

RE: What’s are good products for an oily acne prone skin?

I know that the recent ProActive line of face wash has shown me great results but recently, I’ve been talking Olly’s Flawless Complexion gummies and honestly there has been a change! I still def wash with my ProActive but the Flawless Complexion adds an extra punch when clearing up my oily skin.

Not at Sephora, but amazing products nonetheless. Paula's Choice has an acne line, CLEAR, that really works wonders. I have mild acne and oiliness and these really cleared up my skin.

Hi 

I agree that the cleaning step is very essential! 

Also I recommend the triple acid treatment from Kate Somerville

Kate Somerville Liquid ExfoliKate® Triple Acid Resurfacing Treatment 4 oz/ 120 mL

it can extract more dirty stuff when used right before any clay mask

Bought it for three friends with pore problems, they all love it!

the clay mask I recommend these:

BOSCIA - Charcoal Pore Pudding Intensive Wash-Off Treatment

Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask 5 oz

Boscia pore pudding provides good cleaning ability without drying out your skin, the white clay added moisture to the mask

Peter Roth Irish mud mask offers more hydrating, but in my opinion provides less cleaning. 

@dreamycindy 

Some things that really helped me get control of my oily/dehydrated skin involved incorporating Korean beauty skincare steps and products. I'm a big believer in the double cleanse- using an oil-based cleanser to take off sunscreen and makeup and following that with a gentle non-foaming cleanser to wash the skin. For this, I love Shiseido's Perfect Oil and then for the second cleanse either Philosophy Purity or First Aid Beauty Facial Cleanser. 

Then adding several light, hydrating layers of toners, essences, serums, and masks to help with hydration. For this, I love Goodal's Waterest Lasting Water Oil and Erborian's Ginseng Milk as serums to layer before moisturizer. Also, a moisturizing oil added to your cream moisturizer might be a good idea. My favorite is Fresh's Seaberry. 

Also consistent exfoliation. I love Sunday Riley's Good Genes, but sometimes my skin reacts better to a little physical exfoliation, like a light scrub. Products that contain salicylic acid, tea tree oil, and snail mucin have all been really beneficial for my acne issues. Clay-based masks are great for oil issues as well. I love Caudalie's Instant Detox and Pixi's Glow Mud Mask. 

Ending my routine with a good moisturizer (and sunscreen in the mornings) helps to keep my skin hydrated, meaning less oil production. My favorite moisturizers are CosRx Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion (in the a.m.), Belif Aqua (and Moisturizing in the winter) Bomb (in the p.m.), and Caudalie's Vinosource Sorbet Cream (also p.m.). Building that type of routine has really had a major impact on the quality of my skin over the last several years. 

RE: Re: What’s are good products for an oily acne prone skin?

Thank you definitely will try them out! 👍🏻
9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing