From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

What is the fastest and most effective way of clearing acne?

acne

RE: What is the fastest and most effective way of clearing acne?

While spot treatments and other over-the-counter acne treatments do provide reprieve to some, many people don’t get clear skin from them. I tried many spot treatments from Sephora and other places. The best move I made was talking to my doctor on how to clear my mild/moderate acne. We discussed the causes and treatments for acne and settled on a topical acne treatment. You can see improvement within a couple weeks, but the whole treatment lasts a few months. Don’t rush and remember the struggle with acne is a journey.

Re: What is the fastest and most effective way of clearing acne?

Hi @jp0000. I've struggled with acne for many years and have just recently found balance in my skin, enough to clear most of it up. Here's what I've learned - acne can't be cleared up right away. It can take a little bit of trial and error to find the right products and lifestyle/diet to help get your skin balanced. That's the other thing, you need to find balance in your skin, not just try to dry out the acne with harsh products. I've noticed a dramatic difference in my skin once I started acid exfoliation - I love the tarte Knockout Tingle Treatment Toner 5 oz/ 150 mL and the DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum and the Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL (For once a week as a mask). Since I've incorporated facial oils such as the Clarins Lotus Balancing & Hydrating Face Treatment Oil 1 oz and the Herbivore Lapis Blue Tansy Face Oil - For Oily & Acne-Prone Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL into my routine, I also noticed a huge difference. Lastly, I would definitely look into a skin cleansing tool such as the CLARISONIC - Mia 1™ Skin Cleansing System. I bought this about 2 years ago, and my skin got much better right away! I hope this helps you, and please let me know if you have any further questions!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing