Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

What is the best chemical peel to shrink pores and get rid of blackheads?

I am desperate for something to get rid of my blackheads. I tried one of those vacuums and it didn’t work.

Re: What is the best chemical peel to shrink pores and get rid of blackheads?

@Courtnee13 

I really like the DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Alpha Beta® Extra Strength Daily Peeland Biologique Recherge P50 1970.

Using a retinol/retinoid will also make those blackheads easier by accelerating the skin turnover.

@Courtnee13 I'd experiment with BHAs which will loosen up congestion beneath the surface. I just started using CosRx's BHA Blackhead Power Liquid and it's worked really well for me with a noticable difference in shrinking the visibility in pores right away!

You do want to take it a little easy with acids though, especially if you're using AHAs too. AHAs can also make your skin more photosensitive. Do patch tests and give your skin a rest. 

@Courtnee13 In the past I have used and enjoyed PETER THOMAS ROTH - Peptide 21™ Amino Acid Exfoliating Peel Pads. They are a great overall chemical peel to address a variety of skin issues. 

RE: Re: What is the best chemical peel to shrink pores and get rid of blackheads?

Thank you!

What is the best chemical peel to shrink pores and get rid of blackheads?

I am obsessed with Dr. Dennis Gross products! his Alpha Beta Daily Peel is an absolute skin changer! I have also been incredibly impressed by the Alpha Beta Pore Perfecting and Refining Serum. Results are quick and it fits easily in any routine! Just remember sunscreen since both have AHA's and BHA's.

RE: What is the best chemical peel to shrink pores and get rid of blackheads?

I LOVE the Dr. Dennis Gross peel pads! Totally life changing!

RE: What is the best chemical peel to shrink pores and get rid of blackheads?

Thank you! What is an AHA and BHA?

AHA is Alpha Hydroxy Acid which works above the surface o...

AHA is Alpha Hydroxy Acid which works above the surface of the skin. It wiggles away dead skin cells and helps with texture, tone, pore size and discoloration. BHA is Beta Hydroxy Acid which works below the surface of the skin and helps with exfoliation, pores and congestion (clogged pores)

@Courtnee13  I’ve been using DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum and I have found it’s been working well for me. Recently I’ve added in Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL and I’m still using my pore vacuum and with regular use my pores and blackheads seem to be diminishing. 

RE: Re: What is the best chemical peel to shrink pores and get rid of blackheads?

Thank you!! I will look into this!
10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing