Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Acne-Prone Skin

What is a good acne system, product line or starter kit that will address my acne

clogged pores and major discoloration from acne scars? PLEASE help! I'm using a clarisonic, purity by philosophy, and a sample of Strivectin as well as the microdelivery scrub by Philosophy. I have tried every product out there and I need a really good product that doesn't use anything too harsh (NO BENZO). I just need something that will work on my skin. I'm Indian so I have light brown skin and redish acne scars all over my face. It's been 5 years. I'm also 20 and I'm taking birth control just to control the acne...and I really don't like being dependent on it.

I would try the following very effective cleansing and tr...

I would try the following very effective cleansing and treatment regimen to get rid of any blackheads, whiteheads and enlarged pores you may have, plus enhance your skin's overall clarity.

Start out with Dr. Brandt Skincare Pores No More Cleanser which is a daily foaming cleanser with powerful botanicals for combination/oily skin types.  It dissolves impurities, refines enlarged pores, and clears blackheads and whiteheads while controlling excess oil, leaving your skin squeaky clean.  You can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P9523&categoryId=B70

Then I would use Dr. Brandt Skincare Pores No More Vacuum Cleaner which is an effective blackhead and oil extractor that is so effective it only needs to be used two to three times a week.  It helps loosen blackheads by absorbing dirt and excess oil.  It leaves your complexion smooth, clear and refined.  This deep cleansing essential contains alpha and beta hydroxyl acids, silicone dioxide, and eijitsu rose for maximum pore clarifying performance.  You can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P236007&categoryId=B70

Finally, I would follow-up with Dr. Brandt Skincare Pores No More Pore Refiner which is an instantly effective, mattifying pore refiner that also doubles as an excellent makeup primer and will not clog your pores or cause breakouts.  This product smoothes and evens your skin's texture, providing a matte finish with or without makeup.  Its infusions of microspheres and flaxseed effectively shrink pores, absorb oil and keep shine at bay. You can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P139005&categoryId=B70

If you can't or don't want to spend the money purchasing the above products, then I would suggest trying Clinique Acne Solutions Clear System Kit which is a (starter kit) three-step skin care system that quickly eliminates blemishes.  This starter kit delivers a complete, three-step system to create smoother, clearer skin—fast.  From day one, it shuts down acne-causing bacteria.  After one week, skin is visibly clearer, calmer, and less oily.  After two weeks, an improved complexion is guaranteed.  The set contains:
- 1.69 oz Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam
- 3.3 oz Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion
- 1.01 oz Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer Oil-Free

You can find the kit here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P188308&categoryId=B70

I hope this helps you!  Smiley Happy

I would approach it with gentler products, and then if th...

I would approach it with gentler products, and then if those do not work, then go to prodcucts with a higher percent of acen fighting medicine. I found a very gentle line that works for me is Clinique. A lot of over the counter products can be very harsh and same with perscribed topical gels.

I've tried so many things over the years, but am currentl...

I've tried so many things over the years, but am currently using DDF Salicyclic Scrub with my clarisonic and using the DDF toner. This regimen along with bare escentuals foundation and Urban Decay De-Slick powder has given me the best results and the best skin I've ever had!

With the DDF scrub, the persistent blackheads on my nose have finally disappeared for the first time in 14 years. Gotta love that!

hey i have dealt with acne all my life as well and now i...

hey i have dealt with acne all my life as well and now i have a few pimples here and there but i do have some acne scarring too. I have been on every single acne product there has even been. Mine got so bad i had to go on accutane. So i kinda know what works and stuff. You have to be really careful in trying to treat acne and acne scarring at the same time because the types of ingredients can intefere with eachother and make them worse (btw this is all from experience). So what i reccomend for you to do is:

-always have sunscreen on (the sun can darken your acne scarring!)

-Mario Badescu Whitening Mask- helps lighten the skin

-ScarZoneA Scar Cream- You can get this from a drugstore, and it seems to be working for me,

-Ambi Scar lotion for oily skin- Get this at walmart

And i know you said you cant have too harsh of a acne treatment for your skin- but to get rid of it you need to have a high percentage of the ingredient (benzo, saycllic acid) But Sulfur works really well too. Like the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion (this stuff is amazing)

And another tip- I make sure if i have a new pimple on my face, that throughout the day i apply a product with benzyl peroxide on it maybe 3 times a day and right before i go to bed and it vanishes the next morning- but you seem like you have sensitive skin as in my case- my skin can take everything.

Anyway. I hope this helps for you and if you cant get anything to work, you probably need to go see a dermatologist and see what they can do.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors