Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

What can help my face??

I have a combination of oily and dry skin. I also have acne and acne scars.My skin is very sensitive and I get chemical burns easily on my face.I have large pores that you can see.I feel like I tried everything when it comes to my skin. I think my biggest insecurity is my personal features like my whole face because my acne.When I’m in public I just lose some of my confidence.Recommend some things that you think would help with my skin!! Thank you in advance💛(I ALSO HAVE ALOT OF BLACKHEADS ON MY CHIN)

RE: What can help my face??

Some things that have worked well for me: 1) Have you tried Kate Somerville’s Anti Bac lotion? It’s main ingredient is benzoyl peroxide which everyone has tried, but something about it is different than the standard Clean & Clear and Neutrogena versions. I also have really sensitive skin and this doesn’t burn it at all but is very effective. Great reviews all over the internet. 2) Also, I highly recommend the Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peels...I use the extra strength version and they don’t make me more sensitive at all, it’s kind of amazing. (Try the trial size version with 5 peels, it’s only $17 I think.) Also has great reviews everywhere. 3) Sulfur ointment. I get a brand called De La Cruz in the “Hispanic beauty” section of Walmart by the body washes and whatnot. (I live in Texas so this is definitely a thing here, not sure about everywhere else, lol.) 4) Lastly, if you’re so inclined...birth control pills (the ones FDA approved to treat acne) and spironolactone, if you think your acne is at all hormone related. Mine is, 100%, and these hands down are the best things I’ve found to manage my skin. They address the actual cause, not just treat the symptom. I know not everyone is keen to use these kinds of things to help, but for me, clear skin + self confidence outweighs any desire to not have to take pills. Good luck!

I also have skin that is acne-prone, as well as both oily and dry! Recently the routine that I switched to has been helping me and I’m feeling lucky because it can be fairly inexpensive! I wash my face with a bar of African Black Soap in the shower every day, use witch hazel as a toner, and moisturize with sweet almond oil. I try to use a mask at least once a week if I remember, and I kind of play around here and try new ones a lot, but I love clay masks and diy ones! I have a big tub of powdered healing clay that was like 10 bucks and lasts forever, and for me it is really good at purging my pores. When I have a large or cystic break out I use a 10% benzoyl peroxide cream like zapzyt. I’m wanting to trade that in for EradiKate or another higher end spot treatment but right now this is what does it for me and also works for me financially 🤷‍♀️ hopefully something here can help you, good luck! x

I’ve also been told that the belif aqua bomb is a great intensive moisturizer for oily skin! Another thing I’m planning to try when I have the paper to do so haha
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos3
testing