cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

WHAT ARE THESE BUMPS?!? HELP!

Re: WHAT ARE THESE BUMPS?!? HELP!

@Kgrlg Philosophy has been reformulated over the years, possibly it's not removing the sunscreen completely. With mine, Australian Gold Botanicals and Cotz, I use a balm first to make sure it's broken down before cleanser. 

Edit, saw you mention burn from vitamin c, that can occur. There are different types of vitamin c some are gentler than others, plus have fewer other ingredients needed to stabilize and such that can irritate. Vitamin c also doesn't work with all skin.

RE: Re: WHAT ARE THESE BUMPS?!? HELP!

Hi! I kind of noticed how my older bottle of the philosophy cleanser didn’t have this new fragrance smell and I didn’t really seem to care about it. It definitely was reformulated. Also, I’ll try the double cleansing method for sure!! I do have pretty sensitive skin and I believe the vitamin c serum was a little harsh. I’m kind of afraid to try another vitamin c serum but this time, I’ll do my research beforehand and test it on my hand. Thank you for replying! 🙂

Maybe try stoping the Thayers rose petal toner. I stoped using toner and my skin is just fine. No more overproduction of oil to compensate and the rose fragrance might be causing an alergic reaction. 

I’ve never used Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen on my face. Does it have coco butter? Try a fragrance free sunscreen and make sure not to put any oils on your face that clog pores easily. You can google for a list of oils that rates how pore cloging an oil is.

Thank you so much for replying! I’ll try to not use my toner for a week and see how it goes from there. Also, I’ve never really looked into the oils in my sunscreen since I’ve been using it for almost 2 years and never had a problem with it. I will definitely look into it. Do you have any recommendations for sunscreen?

Re: RE: Re: WHAT ARE THESE BUMPS?!? HELP!

@Kgrlg  I try to use sunblocks rather then sunscreens so my understanding is sunblocks are the products with mineral ingredients zinc oxide and titanium dioxide that block the sun rays rather then chemical sunscreen ingredients that I don’t know what they do absorb them or something ? but I basically feel like minerals are better for my skin then chemicals

I’m a multiple product user. I use different brands types  depending on which type of foundation I’m using  If I’m using powder like bare minerals then I use their tinted primer sunscreen Primetime

if im using CC cream foundation I just use the IT  your skin but better color correcting illuminating full coverage zero it has SPF 50  

then for stick foundations and other liquid foundations or really lazy day no foundation I use drunk elephant Umbra tint daily defense or Color Science sunforgettable total protection face shield also A Indy brad I like called MyChelle’ skin protection sun shield coconut

As for the Thayers i thought that would be good and natural toner to put on my face but it just didn’t feel right to me with all that fragrance and I think that is what broke me out then after I stopped using it I just realized I didn’t even miss that step 

I'm more about using a spritz of an essence instead now I really like the Caudalie grape water 

Could they be from keratosis pilaris? Small, painless, flesh-coloured bumps characterize the condition; they arise when skin cells don't properly shed. Retinol products help by increasing skin cell turnover, as does Vitamin C. My dermatologist diagnosed me with KP in my mid-20s, and she prescribed for me the retinoid Retin-A Micro. I now use a combination of the OTC retinol Differin and Vitamin C, applying Vit C in the mornings and Differin at night. Read more about KP here: https://medlineplus.gov/ency/imagepages/2523.htm

Thank you so much for replying! My mom has KP and I read somewhere that it could be genetic. I get the bumps on the back of my arms and on my legs. I exfoliate pretty often and I see them disappear for a while or just smoothen out a bit. I’ve tried vitamin c once and I got this weird burn mark on my cheek and yes, I did put on sunscreen. Not sure if it was the product itself or if it was my fault. Maybe i should try it again? Do you have any Vitamin C recommendations?

RE: WHAT ARE THESE BUMPS?!? HELP!

That philosophy cleanser did the same thing to my skin. I love the DE line but use the B Hydra gel. It’s lighter on my oily skin. Have you tried Kate Somerville’s cleanser for oily/acne prone skin? It’s great. Just my two cents... hope it helps!

RE: WHAT ARE THESE BUMPS?!? HELP!

Thank you so much for replying! I will look into the Kate Somerville cleanser and the gel from DE
9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing