cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Uneven, clogged skin

Hello everyone,

I have been getting facials twice a month for a long time and it helps. My skin doesn't look bad but it doesn't feel great to the touch. I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem? I haven't been very good until recently about using toner and moisturizer. I'm interested in adding some serums to my routine. Can anyone recommend a good daytime and nighttime one? Most of my blackheads are on my chin and sides of my face, which I believe is hormonal? Has anyone found a remedy for a similar issue?

Re: Uneven, clogged skin

I have three *miracle* products/actives that will transform your skin. I have massive pores that just get really clogged and textured, no matter how clear my skin is. Ever since I added these products to my routine, I've cleared up 80% of my congestion and it's only been 3 weeks. First is the Ordinary's 10 Minute Facial Peel (30% AHA + 2% BHA). I use this 2-3x a week at night, and make sure I moisturize well afterwards. This probably has made the most difference in the short-term. Be wary if you are not used to chemical exfoliators. Second is the Ordinary's 5% Alpha Lipoic Acid. This is a super high strength antioxidant and will really help get rid of blackheads and stubborn congestion! I try to alternate this with the 10 minute peel at night, so I use these products alternately every night. You can leave this one on all night and wake up with amazingly glowing skin in the morning! This one also gives immediate results, but continues to truly improve my skin over the long-term. The last product I recommend is the Ordinary's 10% Niacinamide +Zinc serum. These ingredients both soothe the skin and help to control oil production, working incredibly well with the previous 2 products to maintain a clear complexion. This you can use every day, twice a day if you wish. I really doubted the Ordinary's quality and effectiveness, but for less than $30, these 3 products hit the nail on the head. I stopped buying expensive serums and cleansers, and instead just use a simple, gentle cleanser with the FAB Intense Hydration cream. If you struggle with persistent acne, I recommend looking into a BHA (salicylic acid, betaine salicylate) serum to spot treat! Good luck and I really hope you try these products because they WORK

Also, my clogged pores are in the same spots as you! They are so stubborn and will not go away. I even was prescribed clindamycin gel which left me 100% breakout free, but could not get those blackheads and bumps to budge.

Anonymous Insider

Make sure you are at least doing the basics twice a day; cleanse, tone, moisturize and protect (SPF during the day only).  I do suggest that you exfoliate every other day using a natural scrub or a facial tool like the FOREO or Clarisonic. I love Ole Henriksen’s truth serum and oil. I also like Korres Wild Rose Oil for nighttime skincare right before bed. Hope this helps you! 

I would recommend giving Sunday Riley U.F.O. Oil. Pick up a sample at Sephora and try it for a few days. After two weeks of just using this at night, my skin was greatly improved. I have oily, acne prone skin, and I now get maybe a zit or two a week, when before I constantly had 3-4 active pimples. 

Also Drunk Elephant T.L.C. serum is great for dark spots and pore size. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing