Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

UFO + The Ordinary

Hello Ladies, My dermatologist has suggested I use a retinol for my acne prone skin. Everyone raves about UFO so can I use UFO and follow it by the ordinary 2%? I wish I could afford the full Sunday Riley line but it’s not an option right now

RE: UFO + The Ordinary

UFO AM, retinol PM - for 6 months, my skin has been clearer than ever!

Re: UFO + The Ordinary

@jennmancini

I'll second @Aaliaa; retinol + salicylic acid can definitely be a winning combo. If you are new to retinol (and it sounds like you are), just be sure to work it in slowly and build up to a frequency that is comfortable and effective for you. ☺️

This! I use retinol with AHA (not BHA, OK - but another acid) sometimes  and never had an issue once my skin got used to retinol and acids. Quite often the issues are when someone new dives right in...introducing both things at once. It took my skin months to get used to AHA, BHA and retinol...so I can only imagine the chaos someone's skin encounters if they tried more than one at a time!

Oh agreed, if you are new to Retinol Start slow @jennmancini. Great advice @RGbrown

I've used retinol (not prescription strength) and acids together and had no issue. Research has actually shown using them both together can help the products work better according to Paula Begoun (Paula's Choice). I would suggest using the retinol first (which formula is it, the Emulsion) and follow with UFO Oil. The general rule is thinnest to thickest when applying skincare products @jennmancini

@Aaliaawrote:

I've used retinol (not prescription strength) and acids together and had no issue. Research has actually shown using them both together can help the products work better according to Paula Begoun (Paula's Choice). I would suggest using the retinol first (which formula is it, the Emulsion) and follow with UFO Oil. The general rule is thinnest to thickest when applying skincare products @jennmancini

Yes it’s the emulsion and I’ve been using it for a while and just recently started using UFO so I was wondering how to incorporate it because I was told to use UFO and then Luna 

So UFO and Luna are both oils. In that case it might make sense to use UFO first. I use the 2% Emulsion and apply it before any oils and moisturizers.

The reasoning is that oils are emollient and therefore can prevent products applied on top to absorb in the skin. Hope that helps @jennmancini

Yes thank you!!

RE: UFO + The Ordinary

I would not use UFO with a retinol, because salicylic acid and retinol together can be very irritating for the skin. I would use the UFO in the morning and the retinol at night.
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing