Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Toner for acne?

Which toner would be better for acne? The ordinary glycolic 7% or the ren steady glow? Thanks!

Re: Toner for acne?

@luvcj I'd actually base my recommendation on what skin type you have.

If you have dry or sensitive skin I'd lean towards the REN ready steady glow. Since it uses lactic acid it's more gentle and more hydrating. 

If your skin is more resilient the glycolic acid in the ordinary is another option - it's an overall.highet percent too.

Personally I love the REN since it's more elegant formulation  but that's also personal preference 

Thanks for your response! I have combo skin, with adult acne. Not cysts, or pimples but more clogged pores and blackheads......

@luvcj you might want to try a BHA toner instead then! They are meant to help dissolve the oil in the pores and clear out the gunk vs an AHA which sweeps away dead skin cells on the surface. 

Two great options are Farmacy Deep Sweep 2% BHA Pore Cleaning Toner with Moringa + Papaya 4.0 oz/ 120 mL or Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL 

Thank you so much!

I agree with @meou , but absolute favorite toner is the OLEHENRIKSEN Glow2OH 7% AHA Exfoliating Dark Spot Toner 6.5 oz/ 190 mL . It depends what you are looking for but I have tried The Ordinary’s toner and REN and even with consist use it did not do as much as the Ole Henriksen for my skin tone and dark spots.

Thanks! I was thinking about this one as well..

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing