Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

The Ordinary Products

Has anyone used any of The Ordinary Products? Were they useful or did they make everything worse? I’ve just discovered that brand and I’m very intrigued so I’ve been wanting to try it out. Any recommendations?

RE: The Ordinary Products

I don’t recommend!! I bought the glycolic acid toner, niacinamide serum, and the salicylic acid serum and within 3 days I had white heads and huge cysts under my skin (which I never had before). My skin has been fairly clear for over a year now and this made me break out so so bad. I quit the products immediately and went back to using Elizabeth Grant and my skin is starting to clear up again.

The Ordinary Products

I purchased TO lactic acid, Granactive retinoid 1%, vitamin C w/ HA spheres and rosehip oil. I was also using these in conjunction with Sunday Rileys space race kit. Best skin of my adult life. Idk how informed you are on TO products, but always mix with a buffer so they aren't so harsh and concentrated. Theres a reason they are so cheap. A person can seriously injure their skin. As long as you use caution and mix appropriately and stagger using them you should be fine. There are alot of buyers guides out there online that explain what each product is supposed to do. good luck

RE: Re: The Ordinary Products

Thank you! I will be purchasing the caffeine solution as well to try and achieve a more well-rested look 🙂

Re: The Ordinary Products

@Josefinamezaa  Hello! I've tried The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

And it seems to work. I don't get nearly as many zits as I used to, and if I forget to use it, I get them.

I love the THE ORDINARY - buffet   because it evens out my skin tone and makes it brighter somehow. 

I use the The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLWhich seems to stop/slow down blemishes.

@Josefinamezaa Yes, The Ordinary is a popular affordable skincare brand! It depends on your skin and what issues you want to tackle for your skin. Overall, on average there have been good results. The most common worst case I've heard was it does nothing. 

I really like their squalane, The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL ,marula, etc. facial oils for moisturizing.

Their The Ordinary Caffeine 5% + EGCG Depuffing Eye Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL depuffs my swollen eyes in the morning.

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL niacinamide helps with oil control

The Ordinary Azelaic Acid 10% Suspension Brightening Cream 1 oz/ 30 mL azelaic acid (common ingredient in rosacea meds) helps with rosacea redness 

AHAs like The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2% Exfoliating Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL or The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 8 oz/ 240 mL for gentle surface exfoliation (don't forget to moisturize and wear sunscreen if needed, same applies to this strong weekly AHA/BHA chemical exfoliating mask The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL ). BHA like THE ORDINARY - Salicylic Acid 2% Solution I use to take care of my annoying body acne

I hear mixed reviews about their Vitamin C products though, but the powder ascorbic acid (you can probably get it for cheaper elsewhere too) is good if you know how to create your own Vitamin C serums.

And more!

Find what skin concerns you want to tackle, then also check out The Ordinary's website for more in-depth product descriptions and routines. Do patch test when you try out a new product to check for any reactions, and incorporate one new product into your routine slowly over time.

Okay, @RNGesusPls you've sold me on a bunch of these, and now I definitely have to place yet another Sephora order!

@txcatx Your wallet is probably like, "Why???" but at least the products are cheap? 😅🙈

RE: Re: The Ordinary Products

Thank you so much! I will be trying the niacinamide, peeling, and oil control solutions. It seems those are the best options for my current needs.

Re: RE: Re: The Ordinary Products

@Josefinamezaa Hope they work out for you!

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 25 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing