Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

The Inkey List Salicylic Acid Cleanser

So I just came across the Inkey List Salicylic Acid Cleanser and decided to give it a try. Is this product oil-based or more like water cleansing?

I also wanna ask if there’s any other cleansers that I need to include in my cleansing step. People say it’s better to double cleanse so I’m kinda confused

Re: The Inkey List Salicylic Acid Cleanser

Hi @avocadocare ! The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Cleanser 5 oz / 150 ml is a water-based foaming cleanser. If you're using it for acne control: after massaging it on your face, let it sit for a minute or 2 so the salicylic acid can do its job, and then rinse it off. 

Double cleansing is often recommended for folks who wear makeup (especially foundation or tinted moisturizer) or use mineral sunscreens. The first step of a double-cleanse is meant to remove makeup and sunscreen. The second step is a follow-up skin cleanser that should also remove anything the first cleanser missed. Whenever I wear a mineral sunscreen—especially a tinted sunscreen—or tinted moisturizer, I double-cleanse to break up that sunscreen. Whether or not your skin needs a double-cleanse depends partly on what you use on your face throughout the day. 

The first step cleanser can be an oil cleanser, micellar water, cleansing balm, gentle cream cleanser, etc. I prefer The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL , but there are plenty of other options out there. My second step cleanser is usually CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar (I use it on my face and body at night). 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing