cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Tatcha vs. Drunk Elephant

Hello!

I find myself switching back and forth between the Tatcha and Drunk Elephant lines. I have been finding it difficult to settle with just one line for the following reasons:

1. Drunk Elephant avoids using the Suspicious 6 (fragrances, dyes, drying alcohols, silicones, essential oils, and chemical screens), so that is right up my alley because I have sensitive skin and I want to avoid further sensitization. However, I find that Drunk Elephant products clog my pores, and cause me to have breakouts-- including cystic acne, whiteheads, and sebaceous filaments (I have acne-prone and oily skin). The ingredients are amazing, so I don't want to give up on this brand. I just don't know how much more I can take. I want to have clear skin. The only pro to using their products is that it is does reduce some redness. I'm wondering if I should continue using the products because they have beneficial ingredients, and just suffer with persistent acne as a result.

2. Tatcha definitely feels luxurious, and the packaging is gorgeous. They do formulate with silicones and fragrance, but that does not seem to bother me. I'm not sure if it will hurt my skin in the long run, though. My skin is still not perfect while using Tatcha products, but it is definitely clearer compared to using Drunk Elephant products. They also do donate to girls' education around the world, which I think is beautiful. The products do not really improve my redness. I'm just not sure if I should continue using their products that could potentially sensitize skin, but have clearer skin.

What is your experience with any or both of the lines? I'm hoping to gain some more insight as to what you all think. Thank you!

Re: Tatcha vs. Drunk Elephant

Hi @MadisonParatore , I use and love both their products, although some more than others. DE winners and must-keep-in-stock for me are the Babyfacial peel and the Framboos glycolic night serum (not to be used together!) but I did not particularly like their Beste Jelly cleanser nor the Marila oil. Tatcha’s camellias cleansing oil is my fave first cleanser and I also like both the Deep cleanse cleanser as well as the rice polish. Their lip balms are nice as well but I think I just love their packaging/container. 

I love the Tatcha Deep Cleanse cleanser.

My skin feels so good after using it; and i have very sensitive/reactive combo skin, and it makes my skin feel good, clean, and it doesnt make my skin feel tight or dry at all either. 

I havent tried anything from Drunk Elephant, but might soon, im curious about theyre balm, even though i heard it stings a bit in the eyes which is the reason why i stopped using the Farmacy Green balm. 

Im currently using a sample size of the Papaya Sorbet balm from Glow Receipe, and this one does not sting at all, but its not that great at removing waterproof mascara, and so its why im still looking for other balms.

Note: coconut derived products are said to clog pores and cause breakouts, since the day i heard that, i avoid products that have coconut in them.

I have the same issue as you do too (with those acne breakouts)!! My skin type is the dry/dehydrated type. Although Drunk Elephant's Lala Retro Whipped moisturizer is really doing wonders to my dry skin (like it does reduce the smile lines somewhere on the sides of my nose and remove the coarseness of my skin when it is dry), it strangely causes acne breakouts too (which I rarely have acne). 

RE: Tatcha vs. Drunk Elephant

Can I ask what drunk elephant products you’re using? I’m also oily/acne prone and have hesitated to jump into drunk elephant for that reason...! I just ordered the baby facial but I’m hoping since it’s an exfoliant it will help with breakouts instead of making them worse. I’ve had decent luck with Sunday Riley’s Martian toner. Just ordered the sample set with the UFO oil and sulfur mask as well. Hoping it works out for me...! Gonna try it with a pretty rich moisturizer from a different brand, so we will see....

@MadisonParatore @I use both and don’t have any issues. For instance I have tried almost the whole line of Tatcha and for Drunk Elephant I have used c tango eye cream, c firma, Marula oil and b hydra.  I don’t stick to one brand but use a mixture. 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing