cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Spots under the skin on my cheeks

I've suddenly started getting small bumps/spots on my face and I was hoping someone could help me identify the cause and find a suitable treatment. I've never had any issues with my skin, might have had the odd blemish when I was a teenager but that's it. I'm 27 so it feels weird to suddenly be dealing with bad skin and it's beginning to affect my confidence. 

I noticed the spots about a month or two ago, around about the time I started working out. The spots are only on my cheeks - my forehead, chin and nose are all spot free. I originally assumed they were heat-spots and would go away after a few days. it's been over a month and they're still there.

I always clean my skin before I run and don't put moisturiser on so I fail to understand why I would end up with clogged pores from exercising. I've made also made no changes to my skincare routine so it's unlikely a reaction to something I'm putting on my face and none of the face products are out of date. I also wash my pillowcase and makeup brushes regularly. No allergies as far as I'm aware.

Regarding hormones and birth control, I was on the implant (nexplanon) for 6 months but it was causing heavy bleeding so the doctor put me on ovranette for three months (December 2017 - February 2018) to help with the bleeding. I had the implant removed 7 weeks ago and started taking ovranette the same day it was removed.

I've had the same skincare routine for 4 years. 

Skin type - Combination

AM - Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfoliator + Lush Gorgeous Moisturiser

PM - Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish + Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic + Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser for Normal/Combination skin

Facemasks (once a week) - St Ives Gentle Smoothing Oatmeal Scrub OR Liz Earle Intensive Nourishing Treatment Mask (depending on what my skin needs)

I would really appreciate any advice! Has anyone had similar spots on their face and how did you treat it. Thank you 🙂

image1 (1).jpegimage2.jpeg

Re: Spots under the skin on my cheeks

Hi @Anonymous,

I am so sorry to hear this. I would suggest that you speak with your physician or a dermatologist  and tell them about the changes that you have seen with your skin. That way they can let you know the problem, and what products to use to help your skin get back to normal. Once you find out that information, we can always assist you with finding the right products. I hope that this helps!

Best,

Zakiya

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos2
  • image1 (1).jpeg
  • image2.jpeg
testing