From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Small bumps on backs and sides of arms please desperate for help.

After accutane i got these weird bumps all along the backs of my arms that look like a raised bump but never turn into a white head and never go away unless i literally scrub them off which causes scarring but they are so horrible all over my arms. I don’t know if it’s keratosis pilaris but my derm said it’s probably because my skin is dry but i excessively put on an extreme hydration lotion (i use amlactin AHA lotion she said it would help but hasn’t helped) (plus i use Cera ve moisturizing cream in the tub) religiously for intense hydration i also exfoliate everytime I’m in the shower the bumps never go away i only get more please please I’m dying for help they are so ugly and people notice them I’m almost embarrassed to wear short sleeves anyone experienced this? Products you used to help or get rid of them completely i will try anything at this point. Photo of the bumps attached.

Re: Small bumps on backs and sides of arms please desperate for help.

i have the same problem after acutane my freckles cover them but they are so annoying.

I sent you a PM but I’ll post here as well.

I have the same bumps post-accutane so I don’t believe it to be a chemical irritant (such as laundry detergent) or a hygiene issue.

My belief is that it’s directly related to accutane therapy and I hope we can find answers. I’ve been to 2 dermatologists and nothing has worked. The biopsy showed they were tiny cysts (NOT KP) and since they never come to a head, my doctor said the only treatment is to cut them out which would lead to scarring.

I went to a cosmetic dermatologist and spent over $1000 on multiple chemical peels to try to bring them to the surface, it didn’t work. 

I’d like to bounce ideas off of you if you ever read this, and I hope to find a treatment that works. 

Did you ever get a diagnosis? I have similar bumps while on accutane on my forearm. I’m reading about molluscum contagiosum, a viral skin condution that looks similar. 

I would get another dermatologist opinion. I have KP, that comes and goes, yours looks more like an irritation, even overexfoliation, daily isn't needed. Could be laundry detergent too, double rinse everything. Think about every little thing has changed since the bumps appeared.

For KP, there's Dermadoctor's KP Duty line. I use Ahava mineral body exfoliator and Eucerin repair - has AHAs and Urea.

@SydTowns

Small bumps on backs and sides of arms please desperate for help.

Paula's choice RESIST Skin Revealing Body Lotion with 10% AHA its a holy grail for that. the reviews speak for themselves
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
testing