Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Skincare routine for oily combo skin

Hi everyone! My name is Katie and I have oily combo skin and I am looking for a new routine. I develop a lot of whiteheads around the perimeter of my face, and especially between my eyebrows. I have a lot of scarring and bumps between my eyebrows, and I just want glowing clear skin.

here is my current routine

Cleanser: philosphy cleanser

Serum: Herbivore CLOUD JELLY Plumping Hydration Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Eye Cream: OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Eye Crème 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

Moisturizer: Tatcha Water Cream (I have almost run out and I can’t afford to keep purchasing it, what is a good dupe?

I would really like to brighten my face, reduce my pores, and keep my acne under control. Does anyone have any suggestions for products that might be able to help?

Re: Skincare routine for oily combo skin

Hi Katie! In my personal opinion cleansers don’t necessarily need to be fancy but if you are struggling with white heads I would recommend a cleanser with acne fighting active ingredients. I’ll link some below. Love that you have hydrating products in your routine despite having oilier skin. I found that my skin drastically improved in terms of redness and skin texture once I started implementing hydrating products to heal and strengthen the skin barrier. Exfoliating 1-2x per week depending on your skin type is super important. The Paula's choice bha is a classic. As for a tatcha dupe I really like the inky  list omega water cream. It’s so lightweight! Don’t forget sunscreen.  I hope you found this helpful.

The INKEY List Fulvic Acid Brightening Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL 

Dr. Zenovia Skincare 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Cleanser 4 oz/ 120 mL 

Skinfix Acne+ 2% BHA + Azelaic Acid + Niacinamide + AHA Cleanser 5 oz/ 148 mL 

The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Cleanser 5 oz / 150 ml 

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant 4 oz/ 118 mL 

The INKEY List Omega Water Cream Oil-Free Moisturizer + Niacinamide 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

innisfree Daily UV Defense Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 36 Sunscreen 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing