cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Skincare routine 30 y/o with acne

Hi guys 

i am trying to put in place a healthy routine regarding my face.

i don’t know much about all that stuff.

my skin tends to be oily. I have adult acne, often cystic acne, hormonal (depending on my cycle...) 😪

could you please guide me to select some products?

thank you!

Re: Skincare routine 30 y/o with acne

1. Cleanser-herbivore rose water face wash(gentler) or Youth to the people (a bit harsher and more foamy but good for oily skin)

drug store option- vanicream/cerave/larocheposay 

2. Exfoliant- biossance bha toner or Paulas choice bha toner use at night only 1-3x a week 

3.moisturizer- summer fridays cloud dew oil free gel cream moisturizer 

4. Spf!!! -  Sephora option- Paulas choice 

Others- kinship , elta md , cocokind 

5. optional - retinol (purging may occur) 

**it will take a few weeks or even months to see results but also try see a derm to see if accurate or prescription strength retinol is an option

Hi @Christinadal, which products are you currently using and how does your routine look now? Are your primary concerns reducing oil and breakouts? And finally, how much time/effort are you able to put in to skincare each day? Sorry for all the additional questions, but this can help with some product suggestions. 

No worries for the question!

i have a cleaner, toner (dont use it often), all sort of creams (eye / face)... 

i try to reduce the use of many things and go « more natural », thought maybe it would help for the breakouts... definitely got worse since we wear masks... but hormones play a big role too!!!! 

@Christinadal At your age, unless there is a hormonal reason, skin that is oily is generally going to be more dehydrated than truly "oily," so it's best to start with overall hydration and treat acne and blemishes separately or as part of a comprehensive routine (many products and ingredients used to help with age related issues are also in products meant to help acne but aren't as harsh). I'll recommend a few different cleansers, treatments, and moisturizers you can try to help build a basic routine. Obviously you don't need to use all of them, and in fact you wouldn't want to, but take a look at them and decide which you like best or what would fit your lifestyle/budget/routine best. 

Cleansers:

Caudalie Vinoclean Makeup Removing Cleansing Oil 5.0 oz/ 150 mL 

Farmacy Clean Bee Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser 5 oz/150 mL 

First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 

philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser 

Treatments (daily toners/serums):

REN Clean Skincare Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic 

Caudalie Vinoperfect Brightening Glycolic Essence 5.0 oz/ 150 mL 

fresh Kombucha Antioxidant Facial Treatment Essence 

Herbivore Prism 12% AHA + 3% BHA Exfoliating Glow Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Tatcha The Dewy Serum Resurfacing and Plumping Treatment 1 oz / 30 mL 

Treatments (weekly or bi-weekly as tolerated)

Kate Somerville ExfoliKate™ Intensive Exfoliating Treatment 

Peter Thomas Roth Peptide 21™ Amino Acid Exfoliating Peel Pads 60 Pads 

Drunk Elephant A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

Peace Out Salicylic Acid Acne Healing Dots 

Moisturizers 

belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb 

MILK MAKEUP Vegan Milk Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 48 mL 

Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet 1.3 oz / 40 mL 

Sunscreen (non negotiable! - no matter the brand)

I like the Sugergoop! products and I won't stray from them, but if you find another one you like go with that! As long as you cover up with some SPF. 

It’s very important you cleanse everyday especially at night to get rid of the bacteria that has been trapped on your skin from the day possibly contributing to the breakout. You don’t need a bunch of creams the only essential parts of a skincare routine is cleanser , moisturizer and spf and in your case a treatment like salicylic acid (bha) and or retinol not they cannot be used together or in the day time 

Thank you! I will have a look at your suggestions to establish a good routine!!! 🙂 

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing