Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Skincare help

I am 23 years old, and I've had acne in my life, but it's never been that bad, and it always clears up within two weeks.

For the past month and a half, I have had terrible acne (some cystic) all over my cheeks and forehead, and it will not go away.

I have tried Witch Hazel, several different sacylic acid treatments, the Yes To Tomatoes brand, and several different masks to no avail. Anytime it looks like it's clearing up, within 12 hours, it's back to looking like a prepubescent teenager. I even stopped wearing makeup for two weeks because I thought that might be the problem.

I have never had acne this bad, and I just don't know what else to do.

If anyone has any products or treatments they recommend, PLEASE let me know, I'm going crazy over here.

Re: Skincare help

I too have oily/acne prone skin! As contradictory as this may sound, stop using your intensive treatments/masks/peels etc. I used to use glycolic acid, retinol creams etc. for acne and it only made my skins dry and peely plus oily (literally such a disaster). All the treatments can make your skin dry and irritated and thus it'll compensate for the lost moisture by producing more oil and you get more breakouts. I've literally tried everything for helping my acne and oddly enough the simplest approach ever has helped me: I just focused only on moisturizing my skin!  Any good non-comgenic moisturizers will do the trick really. I love and use the Tatcha water cream or the Drunk Elephant Lala cream. I would also really recommend finding a facial oil! Marula oil and rosehip oil are my favorites as they do not clog pores. Marula oil and rosehip oil are both antibacterial and help with anti-aging too. Sephora has the DE marula oil and the Farsali rose gold oil which I've personally found them to work really well for me, but you can get something way less expensive and likely just as effective on Amazon or from the Ordinary. Also hydrating masks like Glow Recipes Watermelon mask or anything like it will help! Hang in there girl, I know how much bad skin can ruin a day, or a week or a month lol. 

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing