Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Skincare Routine

Help! I’m a teenage girl and I have absolutely no skincare routine. I have the basic things, like face wash and moisturizer, but my cabinets are bursting with the most random products. The big problem, I have no idea when or how to use them! If someone could share a good skincare routine for me, it would be much appreciated 🙂 I have combination skin, if that helps 🙂

Re: Skincare Routine

Cleanser and moisturizer is a good start, @20sophy06. I'd add in a sunscreen before moving on to anything else. What products do you have that you're looking to add in? 

Other than the face wash and moisturizer, I have a clay face mask, a serum for cleaning pores, an “anti-imperfection” serum, and an “acne clearing” lotion. I just purchased a sunscreen which should be coming soon. Is there anything else I need and when should i use these products? Thank you for your help :))

@quspork It’s funny you say that, because today I went out and bought a hydrating toner 😂 My only question now is when should I be using these to avoid irritation and get the best results? Thanks again

To start, the clay mask I would work in maybe once every 10-14 days since you're more combo. I lean more oily and can use clay masks about once a week without drying out, but you'll just want to keep an eye on how your skin reacts. With the other products you mention- a serum for cleaning pores, an “anti-imperfection” serum, and an “acne clearing” lotion- there can be a lot of overlap with those types of products. Can I ask what specific brands and products they are? My instinct is to just pick one and use it consistently, which depending on the product may mean a couple times a week or every other day, etc. @20sophy06 

I would be careful about using too many acne/pore products at one time as they can dry out and irritate the skin with overuse, @20sophy06. Given your combination skin, you may also want to consider adding in a hydrating toner or serum as well to help counteract the dryness those products can produce and to help keep your skin balanced. 

Thank you!

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing