Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Skin texture

Hello! I’ve been having this problem with my skin lately. I’m not really sure what it is. I haven’t been using any new products or anything. I have pretty normal skin. Anyone have an recommendations for products? Thank you!

5EEC5AC5-F749-45F7-B260-373DEDBEF9E7.jpeg

Re: Skin texture

@SavRose0328 that's happened to me before! definitely dont pick at it - it isnt acne and picking at it will just cause inflammation and dark spots/pigmentation when it goes away (take it from me!). im not a dermatologist by any stretch, so if things persist and nothing is improving, maybe check in with a derm. mine was caused by atopic dermatis and closed comedones. my dermatitis just sprung out of nowhere one day, so it's possible youve developed a sensitivity or allergy that you didnt have previously.

what really helped me was the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Hydrating Serum and First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration . there is collodial oatmeal in there, which really helped with the redness, itchiness and inflammation. i also avoided touching my face as much as possible.

to deal with the closed comedones (those bumps that are waaaaay under the skin), i used a combination of Kate Somerville EradiKate™ Clarifying Acne Gel Cleanser with Salicylic Acid 4 oz/ 120 mL (although the The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Cleanser 5 oz / 150 ml should also do the trick at a lower cost), and a prescription topical. i found that to be too harsh for my face, so my derm recommended The INKEY List SuperSolutions 10% Azelaic Serum 1 oz / 30 mL . The Ordinary also has a few good ones.

again, i'm not a derm and this is just my experience! but i know how annoying it can be, so hopefully some of these work for you!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos1
  • 5EEC5AC5-F749-45F7-B260-373DEDBEF9E7.jpeg
testing