Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Skin Help๐Ÿ˜…

I always had acne problems. Cystic acne type. I had a prescribed face wash to help clear my face. It did for about two years. I work at a nursing home. During this pandemic we have to wear mask to protect our patients and staff. I notice that my acne is slowly starting to come back. I know the masks are the irritating my skin. I sweat at work andhave the masks on for 8-16hrs. I need suggestions on how I can calmdown my acne. Is there a cream or moisturizer? Mask Spa day?? I will try anything, but it needs to be for sensitive skin. Iโ€™m sure the healthcare workers would appreciate it. I know Iโ€™m not the only one experiencing this.

Re: Skin Help๐Ÿ˜…

GLAMGLOW SUPERMUDยฎ Charcoal Instant Treatment Mask 3.5 oz/ 100 g 

I've seen another person above recommend this and I agree. I have two of them on my shelf and I use it 3 times a week. It really is a great mask. It has 6 exfoliating acids in it and after 15 minutes, when its dry, you can see black spots appear on the mask where it absorbed the oils from your individual pores. You should YouTube reviews of it and you'll see what I mean. It's slightly weird at first, but at the same time, it's really cool that you know for sure that it really does work. Also, I recommend the Tatcha The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder Deep in the routine as a physical exfoliator. Lastly, you can use Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL which helps reduce the appearance of pores and it's a moisturizer for oily skin types. I refrigerate mine, so it can go on cool on my skin. It's amazing for these hot days.

Hey, thank you for your hard work! This pandemic is hard for everybody but I can only imagine what it's like for front line workers!

I've had many issues with maskne and have switched masks and my tried and true skincare regime because nothing was working. 

I hope my advice here Maskne Advice will help you!

Best of luck โค๏ธ

What products are you currently using, @Tacobell1323

Hi! I have acne too, but have also noticed increased cysts on my chin from wearing a mask! My holy grail products are the Proactiv Proactiv+ 3-Step System, 30 Day Introductory Size - absolutely amazing products. Highly reccomend. Although if your skin is sensitive, it may be a little intense for you. You could always try incorperating some of their products into your routine like Proactiv Solutions Renewing Cleanser. I also love using GLAMGLOW SUPERMUDยฎ Charcoal Instant Treatment Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 g every week! If your skin feels extra dry after working, or after these products, I love SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hydrator - Hydrate & Glow 1.69oz/ 50mL

I'm so sorry if I'm overwhelming you! A great spot treatements (especially for those cysts) is the Proactiv Emergency Blemish Relief 

I hope this helps! have a great day ๐Ÿ™‚ Let me know if you have any questions!

Hi @Tacobell1323!

I saw a Youtube video by Dr. Pimple Popper do a tutorial on preventing maskne.  If you don't know her, she's a famous dermatologist with her own show on Hulu.

She sprayed some salicylic acid on the inside of her mask and let it dry before putting the mask on her face.  Salicylic acid is great for fighting acne and kills the bacteria that causes them to help prevent future breakouts.  This should be ok for sensitive skin since you're not putting the acid directly on your face, but I would make sure the description says it's ok for your skin type or do a patch test.

I would also avoid wearing any makeup under the mask and just do makeup above the mask.  If you don't wear makeup, that's even better!

My favorite salicylic acid product is Sunday Riley U.F.O. Salicylic Acid BHA Acne Treatment Face Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mL.  I apply it at night, but it can be used during the day as well.  I have hormonal acne that breaks me out during my monthly, but this has significantly reduced the breakout.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing