cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Skin Help!

Hello everyone,

My name is Liv & I’m new to the Sephora community! I’m starting this conversation solely to see what people who have the same skin type as I do use on their skin to help settle certain areas of the skin! I have very acne prone skin, it’s something I’ve struggled with since I was a teenager. I’m looking for products that are able to help with issues that I struggle with such as acne, uneven skin tone, enlarge pores, & dark circles! I’m currently using cerave and the ordinary, but I feel as though it’s not helping as well as I anticipated 

#skincare 

🙂 

Re: Skin Help!

Welcome! What's your skin type, @livyjoyxo?

I have combo skin, but more oily than dry 

Sorry, I missed your response @livyjoyxo. If you're looking to start over I'd look for hydrating base products (cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen) and then a good treatment (BHA/salicylic acid) to help combat the acne. Do you wear makeup? If so, I'd also suggest trying double cleansing, using an oil-based makeup remover before your water-based cleanser. And if the oiliness persists, you may want to try either a hydrating toner or a clay mask (using the mask maybe once a week) to help keep things balanced. 

Here are a few options:

Cleanser- philosophy Purity Made Simple fresh Soy Hydrating Gentle Face Cleanser First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 

BHA treatment- SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads 60 Pads Stridex pads, Paula's Choice BHA, CosRx BHA

Moisturizer- belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb OLEHENRIKSEN Sheer Transformation® Perfecting Moisturizer Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet Mini 0.66 oz/ 20 mL Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream, CosRx Oil-Free Moisturizing Cream, Benton Snail Bee Steam Cream

Sunscreen- MDSolarSciences Mineral Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 50 UVA-UVB Sunscreen 4 oz/ 113 g COOLA Mineral Sun Silk Crème SPF 30 1.5 oz/ 44 mL Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

Hydrating toners- fresh Rose Floral Toner Benton Snail Bee Skin, Etude House Moistfull Collagen Toner

Clay masks- Caudalie Pore Minimizing Instant Detox Mask 2.5 oz/ 75 mL Eve Lom Rescue Mask Mini 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Pixi Glow Mud Mask

I would recommend you to give Dr. Jart Teatreement Moisturizer a try! The only product that helped me get rid of acne and redness. I combine it with Paula's choice liquid exfoliant twice a week. This exfoliant helps minimize the pores and dr. Jart helps with acnes  

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing