Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Skin Care Routine

Hey there! I’m looking to add a new product into my skin care routine. About 3 months ago I finished taking a severe acne medication (Accutane) that totally transformed my skin. I am now acne-free and have the best skin I’ve had in about two years (YAY!). Although my skin is now buttery soft and clear of bumps, I’m unfortunately left with scars and dark spots. Compared to what I had before, I’m still very, very pleased with my results. Now I’d like to start working on what’s left behind. I know there aren’t any miracle products that will completely erase any trace of my previous acne and I have accepted that. However, I’d like to at least lighten the dark spots as much as possible and smooth out the scars as best I can. Aside from professional help by seeing a doctor, I was wondering if any of you wonderful ladies had an products that you could recommend such as masks, treatments, serums, moisturizers, scrubs, etc. my skin now is normal, not particularly dry or oily. So far nothing has made me break out again so I don’t think I have any sensitivity but of course I wouldn’t want to risk it so I have been way more conscious of the products I use than I was 2 years ago. For make up I use Laura Mercier foundation and setting powder, Becca primer, and sometimes Urban Decay setting spray (in case that has anything to do with recommendations). My current skincare routine is very simple. I wash my face daily with cetaphil foam wash and moisturize with that same brand. If I need to exfoliate I use a scrub from Lush and if I want to do a mask then I use one from Lush as well. Thanks!!!

Re: Skin Care Routine

Hi @Carmona, I havent used this myself however one of my sisters has - KATE SOMERVILLE - D-Scar™ Scar Diminishing Serum, she also had some acne scaring and a tiny bit of hyperpigmentation as a result of accutane. I remember the results not being immediate, she was using it twice daily and it was about a month before you could see a difference, but you COULD see a difference. 

RE: Skin Care Routine

I’d like to suggest the #Tarte Knockout Tingling Treatment. It has definitely saved me trips to expensive facials and dermatologists. It’s similar to the sensation and effect of a chemical or glycolic peel that you can find at a medi-spa. It tingles and burns at first try but your skin adjusts to it. It leaves my skin soo smooth and clear. My pores have decreased in size and I notice a significant effect that is has onmy cystic acne and breakouts. I would also make sure you’re confident inevery single product that you use. Recently, I discovered a product that I thought was helping my acne is actually the cause of it! Good luck!
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing