Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Sensitive skin with breakouts!

Help! I am breaking out like crazy! I have small bumps all over my face and a few that slowly keep developing into full blown angry red pimples. I have never had breakouts like this before in my life. My skin is very sensitive, so anytime I use acne medicated skincare products, my face and eyes swell up and become one big rash. Last time I tried Clinique's Acne Solutions, I had to go to the doctor to get a shot just to get the swelling to go down. 

So, are there any products I can use for my acne ridden sensitive skin? I am desperate! Thank you. 

Tags (3)

Has this been an ongoing problem or did the breakouts jus...

Has this been an ongoing problem or did the breakouts just start?

Re: Has this been an ongoing problem or did the breakouts jus...

The breakouts started in the summer, but they've been getting worse. I tried the Clinique Acne Solutions, which was an epic failure. I'm a little scared to try something else.

Hi challan,

Sounds like we have the same skin type. I had a very similar reaction to benzyl peroxide. I think I have tried almost every acne product on the market. Most are too harsh for my skin. However, the Dr. Brandt Pores No More line of products has worked very well for me. It gently clears up the acne without over-drying, and it does not make my sensitive skin turn red. I love the Pore Thing solution and the Anti-aging mattifying lotion (even if you don't need anti-aging effects, this product is the best for clearing up my acne).

You can try a little sample on your wrist or forearm to watch for an allergic response before you apply new products on your face.

Good luck to you!

Thank you very much ktexas Smiley Happy I will look into this line.

My guess is the benzoyl peroxide in the products. I alway...

My guess is the benzoyl peroxide in the products. I always felt the use of benzoyl and salicylic acid together irritated the skin. Since you went to the doctor's, did you at least ask for product recommendations? Start with that first because your doctor might be able to tell you what ingredients you're allergic to before you proceed to look for another product. I hope this helps and good luck!

Re: My guess is the benzoyl peroxide in the products. I alway...

Thanks. I think I will talk to my doctor about it again. It was quite scary. I could hardly see, I was so swollen. I bet it is the benzoyl peroxide.

Re: My guess is the benzoyl peroxide in the products. I alway...

Strongly agree with cherrybombtastic, stop everything until you talk to your dr. you definitely had an allergic reaction.

Re: Sensitive skin with breakouts!

I think you need BosCIA . Its for acne and its natural so hopefully it won't irate your skin that much ! http://www.sephora.com/clear-complexion-kit-P309812?skuId=1393024. It's a set and u can purchase larger bottle if u want Smiley Happy hope this help Smiley Happy 

I love Boscia! Good recommendation oopz!

Thank you for that suggestion. I'll also look into that. Smiley Happy
10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors