Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Sensitive Acne Prone Skin

Trying to find an acne treatment that will not dry out my super sensitive and dry skin.  I occasionally get eczema on my face and anything I use to treat that causes even more acne on top of the eczema.  

Re: Sensitive Acne Prone Skin

I really like the Boscia line. It's effective but very gentle on the skin. I like the Black Mask, Clear Complexion Treatment, and the Black Hydrating Gel.

Re: Sensitive Acne Prone Skin

It's definitely a struggle!  I had this same problem for a very long time so I totally understand where you're coming from.  I started using Tamanu Oil as a spot treatment on pimples.  It's moisturizing, has all sorts of skin healing benefits like it's antibacterial and anti inflammatory.  So your pimple goes away faster and doesn't scar as bad.  It sounds counter-intuitive but it worked wonders for me.  I've tried almost every acne treatment available.  They all dried out my skin, caused worse acne, flared up my eczema, caused peeling...etc.  This worked for me.  I bought my oil at luckyvitamin.com - I prefer the Shea Terra brand.  The oil itself is odd looking and has a very distinct nutty, earthy scent.  I use just a dab.  I also use it on my forehead at night to soothe my eczema if it flares up.  You can use it as a nightly/daily treatment for prevention as well.  I've read that it has anti-aging properties as well, although I can only vouch for the acne healing properties.  I wish you good luck in your search!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing