Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Acne-Prone Skin

SKINCARE help. Teenage, acne prone, hyperpigmentation prone, overall problematic skin.

I'm trying to complete/ perfect my skin care routine. I have acne prone, combination skin. I have some left over acne scarring.. which I'm TRYING to get rid of. 

Overall, I need some help finding:

-A gentle cleanser (preferably paraben/ sulfate free)

*I'm currently using Cetaphil Cleanser. 

*I was thinking of trying the Boscia Clear Compexion Cleanser

-A daytime moisturizer with a high SPF (to prevent darkening of my acne scars)

*It has to sit well underneath my makeup.. and provide enough moisture.. without breaking me out.

-A nightime ALL OVER treatment (something that isn't drying)

*I was thinking of purchasing the Dermalogica Clean Start (Bedtime for breakouts). I've tried it before, and really liked it. It manages to prevent any new acne from forming.. but doesn't dry out my skin. 

If you have any recomendations, let me know!! 

For a gentle, oil reducing or acne preventative cleanser,...

For a gentle, oil reducing or acne preventative cleanser, I would recommend the Boscia Clear Complexion Cleanser, though it is quite pricey. For an inexpensive, comparable product, I really like the Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Cleansing Pads. They can be found at most drug stores for around $7. A high SPF daytime moisturizer that I like is the Clarins UV Plus HP Day Screen High Protection SPF 40: http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P282024&categoryId=B70 . Once again, definitely on the expensive side, but worth the price in my opinion for its high SPF and wonderful light moisturising feel. My all-time favorite treatment for acne is the Origins Super Spot Remover: http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P297517&categoryId=B70 . I haven't ever really tried it all over my face, but I think it would probably be effective used that way and it is not drying and super effective. Hope this helps!

I have oily and acne prone skin as well. I definitely rec...

I have oily and acne prone skin as well. I definitely recommend clinique's wash away gel cleanser. By far the best cleanser that will take off all your makeup and not overdry your skin. My makeup has SPF in it so I do not wear a moisturizer with SPF, but I do wear Merle Normans foundation primer with SPF and it doesn't make me oily. Also, for a nighttime treatment I use a spot treatment the majority of the time and just a lightweight moisturizer that doesn't have acne fighting chemicals in it. Hope this helps!

My situation was very similar to yours. I have combinatio...

My situation was very similar to yours. I have combination skin that occasionally breaks out with 1-2 pimples. I had a lot of acne scars too from when I was a teen. Now they're all gone! I haven't consistently been staying with the same brand of face wash and day SPF cream. What I've been staying with for 2 years is Argan oil! It is working for me wonderfully! My results: no pimples for over a year, almost all acne scars gone, very even skin tone, skin looks clearer and I get compliments all the time that I have nice skin. My skin also feels really soft. I originally bought JM Argan oil, but it's soo expensive. I now buy my oil from Amazon, the brand is called Mogador. The oil smells really nice to me, but some people might not like it. Also, some people says that the oil actually give them breakouts. I think it's not for everyone, but if it's 'compatible' with your skin, it will work wonders on those scars! If the oil works for you I don't think you would need much else. But if you're interested, I use a Aveeno positively radiant scrub for my face, it's gentle and cleans well, and it's cheap! And i just use a random SPF 20+ day cream (right now I use OleHenriksen). One thing though, when you use Argan oil as moisturizer, wait 10 mins before you put on your primer and foundation, since the oil is oily and takes a few minutes to absorb into your skin. Hope this helps!

REN has an AWESOME skincare line!! I use their Clarifying...

REN has an AWESOME skincare line!! I use their Clarifying Clay Cleanser and it is amazing. It really helps with breakouts. I don't get as many anymore and when I do they're not as big. It's has anti microbial properties and provides mild exfoliation so it helps with scars as well. When I use it, my skin always looks bright and healthy, it's not drying at all! I use drying prescription acne medication and this cause no extra irritation or dryness which is a huge plus! REN is an all natural brand, no sulfates, parabens, etc. they also have other products in their acne line. I haven't tried them yet but I have looked at them. They all have ingredients to help with post acne scaring and natural treatments for acne. I've heard good things about those products too. For a moisturizer with SPF, i just use Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture SPF 35. I have oily skin and I use this under my makeup everyday. It does cause any extra oiliness, or greasiness. Works very well under makeup as well. And it is very moisturizing. I LOVE it!! I've been using it for years and it's never broken me out. I'm not sure about a night time treatment for you because I don't know what kind of acne you get. But something that works for pretty much anybody is a retinol. Philosophy has a great one, and so does Neutrogena. But if you get good results from the Clean Start one, then just get it. If it works, there's no use in getting something else that might not. I know you didn't really ask for acne scar products but I HIGHLY recommend REN GlycoLactic Renewal Mask. It's done WONDERS for my acne scars!! Within a few uses my skin looked brighter and my scars were drastically faded. They also have a radiance serum if you think that it would be too harsh for your skin.
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors