Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

SKINCARE HELP

I was hoping someone can recommend a product for me!! I have oily skin and LOTS of texture. Huge pores. I really am looking for a product that will reduce the appearance of my pores and texture. I have acne scars as well so am searching for a holy grail product that will not break me out and help me. I have considered some Drunk Elephant products and tatcha but dont want to waste my money when I dont have anyone recommending anything. ALmost willing to pay any price for something that WORKS. HELP!

RE: SKINCARE HELP

Be sure that your skin is not dry... sometimes dry can cause over-production of oils! I didn’t like drunk elephants moisturizers (but LOVE drunk elephants b-hydra serum for hydration) but I am in love with Glow recipe watermelon products as well as youth to the people products! Youth to the people I find has made a big difference in forming my skin and drunk elephant serums have definitely shrieked my pores(TLC Framboos and a-passioni) the A-Passioni retinol cream has some mattifying effect to it while it helps resurface your skin! Just be sure to use a good moisturizer with it and avoid the eye area!

I would recommend a toner with good exfoliating acids such as AHA, BHA, Salicylic or Lactic acid. A toners job is to minimize the look of pores & restore your skins ph balance. Make sure to avoid comedogenic oils/butters (ex. Cocoa butter, coconut butter/oil, flaxseed/linseed oil, palm oil, wheatgerm oil) which will clog your pores & are not suitable for oily skin types! Recently I’ve been using the Youth To The People Kombucha Toner & I’m loving it, its also a clean product so you don’t have to worry about any Parabens or Sulfates

I have been using the Ceramic Slip Cleanser and Good Genes from Sunday Riley and I have been loving them. I too have large pores and and oily t-zone area. This has been a huge help for me!

B-hydra!

Re: SKINCARE HELP

@Lashesoverlips suggestion of Framboos product is definitely a good recommendation, and using a good hydrating cream will also help b/c I find that this product tends to dry my skin. Any acid resurfacing serum or mask will. Make sure to only use this type of treatment serum 2-3 nights a week depending on the other products in your rotation. For an acne prone hydration oil I recommend the ordinary rose hip seed oil. However, it says specifically to use with water based products, not sure if that means it will react funny to an acid serum. So I use it on nights that I’m not doing Framboos. The other product I love from the ordinary is their niacinamide. I don’t use it as directed though, it’s too drying for me, but absolutely love it as a spot treatment on cystic pimples or areas that have a mini breakout. It just zaps the oil right out. I also put it on my oil prone chin and nose occasionally. A little goes a long way with that stuff so you can try the small bottle to see if it helps.

I had a really bad breakout reaction to the heavy amount of silicone in tatcha cream, so every time someone mentions that brand I cringe. Everyone’s skin is different and some people love it, but if your skin reacts to fragrance and silicone then read labels and make sure it’s not in the top ingredients of whatever product you are looking at.

If you're interested in DE I would highly recommend the DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum. It will help rectify the uneven tone and reduce your pores. I had some of the same problems and tried a sample size of this one and it helped...so then I splurged on the full size. Just make sure you're also using a good moisturizer and put on SPF during the day. Your skin might be producing extra oil right now because it is so dry. Be vigilant with your moisturizer and even try an oil for at night to give your skin some extra moisture. The tarte Maracuja Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL is great, or if you want a cheaper option The Ordinary has a few that work well.

Is there a specific moisturizer you would recommend to use in hand with the DE product?

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing