Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Retinol

lately I’ve been doing a lot of research about retinol, I’m only 23 so the anti aging is nice but I’m looking into it more for the pore diminishing and texture evening. I have hormonal acne along my jawline/chin and use mostly Caudalie products that my skin seems to like well enough, but I’m wondering if anyone who also has acne prone skin, pore issues, and blackheads has started using retinol and seen any results 

Re: Retinol

@KaylaMik 

If you're only 23, I'd really seek the advice of your doctor, or a dermatologist, prior to using retinol. 

Agree with @tasc0318 , that you might want to try a product with AHA, BHA  (salicylic acid), glycolic acid, or the like, prior to trying retinol. The acids act as an exfoliator, which helps with the pores and acne. The Ole Henriksen Transform line has some good products for that. Their OLEHENRIKSEN Invigorating Night Transformation™ Gel 1.0 oz/ 30 mL  has been like a vacuum cleaner for my pores. You could also try a peel like Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Extra Strength Daily Peel Mini , or even The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL .

Final recommendation is LaRoche-Posay's Effaclar line. It's worked well for my skin. You can find it on their website; or at Walgreens, Target, and the like.

Re: Retinol

I"m in my mid 30's and recently started using retinol. I'm not a dermatologist, but I feel like Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum 1.69 oz/ 50 mL makes the biggest impact on my skin without using a harsh retinol. I use it every night with a great hydrator like Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask. However, I do use a retinol once a week or so and I DON'T use the TLC Framboos when I use a retinol. You should only use one active product at once.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing