cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Recommend of skincare

0D012EEF-D928-4198-B83A-0C7878322DCA.jpeg

Hi I’m wondering if there is any skincare that’s for the tiny holes I have on my right cheek? 

Re: Recommend of skincare

It's hard to tell from the pic what exactly you're referring to, @JLSIYU. Is it enlarged pores? Uneven texture, like acne scarring that leaves small indentations? 

What skincare products are you currently using?

Hi @JLSIYU ! Those little holes are probably just your pores. 🙂 Do they normally look like that, or do they seem bigger than usual lately? 

I have visible pores like yours on certain areas of my face, mostly where my skin is oily. Everywhere else, my pores are barely visible or completely invisible. My oily zone pores will never be invisible or even barely visible, but sometimes they appear larger than usual. That usually means there's gunk like dead skin cells clogging those pores and stretching them wider. It that's what's happening with your pores: 

Spoiler

To "fix" this, I use a BHA (salicylic acid) exfoliant 1-3 times a week. BHA gets down into pores to degunk them. Again, it won't make the pores disappear, and that's okay! But it does usually make them appear "smaller" (eh, normal sized for them). 

There are plenty of BHA products on the market, usually in 2% strength. Sephora has a couple good-looking ones: The INKEY List Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) Blemish + Blackhead Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL which is a leave-on exfofliant; or, The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Acne + Blackhead Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL which you rub on your face, leave on for a couple minutes, then rinse off. You don't need to use both of those products: they're both 2% BHA. The BHA products I use are all made by Paula's Choice. 

If this doesn't sound like it's what's happening with your pores, then you may want to consult a dermatologist or primary care doctor, if you have access to one. 

@JLSIYU I would suggest talking to a dermatologist about it. They will help identify them and figure out the best way to treat it!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • 0D012EEF-D928-4198-B83A-0C7878322DCA.jpeg
testing