Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Product for adivice for pre-teen

I am looking for a skin care product for my pre-teen. She is 12 years old and is starting to break out in the t-zone area particularly the nose. what should i use/do? I was fortunate enoug not have an acne problem as a child.

Try Boscia's Clear Complexion kit, it's a very gentle lin...

Try Boscia's Clear Complexion kit, it's a very gentle line so it's not going to be super harsh on skin or dry your daughter's skin out.

If for any reason any acne regimen she adopts ends up will effects such as drying, peeling, or seeming too strong, have her just use the treatment product every other day at night time. There's no need to overload her skin with treatments found in cleaners, toners, spot treatments, and moisturizers all at once if her blemishes aren't that severe. Boscia is very delicate on the skin and has many botanical ingredients to buffer and soften the effect of the acne treatment ingredients.

One thing I would suggest is to NOT use Proactive. When I...

One thing I would suggest is to NOT use Proactive. When I was 12, I used their products and it just made it worse. I would suggest using a Murad acne kit or a Philosophy Clear Days Ahead kit. Murad is known for its purging period, so I would advise sticking with the kit for 6 weeks before ditching the kit if for some ever reason it doesn't work out. If the breakouts on the nose don't happen too frequently, I would try REN's Clear Calm kit because it's such a gentle line, and even if her skin has its good days, it won't aggravate her skin. I hope this helps and good luck!

Good point by Cherrybomb!   My cousin used Proactive and...

Good point by Cherrybomb!

My cousin used Proactive and though it did work for a while, as soon as she stopped using it, her skin dried out badly!

Since she is a pre-teen, I would start her off with BB Cr...

Since she is a pre-teen, I would start her off with BB Cream if you are looking for coverage. BB creams provide a sheer coverage, with the benefits of a moisturizer.

To help with the acne, Sephora carries the Murad Acne Complex 30-Day Kit. Compared to other acne products, it's relatively inexpensive.

I hope some of this helps!

At her age, I didn't use expensive skincare. I just used...

At her age, I didn't use expensive skincare. I just used the Neutrogena Naturals line. She should be using a cleanser, moisturizer, and spot treatment. I know Neutrogena Naturals makes the first two. The bareMinerals Blemish Therapy ($18) is a great spot treatment, but be sure her moisturizer has absorbed before using it, or the lotion gets on the brush. Also, wash the brush as much as possible so she doesn't spread the bacteria. This spot treatment is great because it is non-drying, so she can't use too much.

Just use a over the counter product . If that does not wo...

Nadi wrote:

I am looking for a skin care product for my pre-teen. She is 12 years old and is starting to break out in the t-zone area particularly the nose. what should i use/do? I was fortunate enoug not have an acne problem as a child.

Just use a over the counter product . If that does not work , you need to take her to her pediatrician --- she may need a prescription.  Ideally the cheap items in the supermarket will do the trick. No need to waste meony Madam.

Merci beacoup,

Antoine ( je vais de Annecy , il est vrai ! )

Please look at the Skin Care Facts page at Paula's Choice...

Please look at the Skin Care Facts page at Paula's Choice dot...   Consult Beautypedia on skincare and cosmetic products.  Most teens can benefit from a topical Salicylic Acid and a Benzoyl Peroxide product (both alcohol free).  You might try Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment as her first salicylic product.  This can be used once or twice daily.  I recommend her sleeping in it.  The Benzoyl Peroxide product can be dotted onto problem areas or spread over the t-zone if needed over the salicylic acid product at bedtime.   My best recommendation:  Paula's Choice CLEAR products.

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors