Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Prevent acne when I shave my chin

Hi everyone I am trying to figure out a way to prevent myself from getting acne when I shave my chin. Everything I have searched so far has been about men but it's not helpful. I have sensitive skin and am very prone to acne. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips to prevent it?

RE: Prevent acne when I shave my chin

Clinique is a great brand for sensitive skin and is very unisex. If you know your skin type (I would guess oily), get a good skincare regime going. My husband had complaints of oily skin but was not moisturizing. This can cause the skin to produce more oil. It might take a bit for your skin to adjust but it should help. If acne persists, try some spot treatments with glycolic acid or salicylic acid.

Re: Prevent acne when I shave my chin

Hi @staplemaple

You may want to try exfoliating your skin a few days after shaving. Also, First Aid Beauty has great products for sensitive skin. The FIRST AID BEAUTY - Skin Rescue Acne Clearing Charcoal Cleanser with Probiotics Rescue Acne Clearing Charcoal Cleanser is great for targeting acne and brightening the skin.  Their Rescue Acne Clearing Pads are also great to use after cleansing. I hope that this helps. 

Best,

Zakiya

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing