Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Post-acne spots advice?

Despite having a skincare routine for the morning and night, I’m still struggling with my skin’s imperfections. I admit, I have a bad habit of touching my face and pimples. Recently, I’ve avoided touching my face to maybe see improvement. How do I get rid of post-immflamuation acne marks? In other words, remove the dark spots or lightening them. Thank you!

Re: Post-acne spots advice?

Dr. Dennis Gross daily peels will work wonders, they've made my skin so smooth and even. They come in formulas for all skin types and are super easy to use. 

Chemical peels, vitamin C, light exfoliation, spf daily or they will get darker

Brands, Dr Gross, OLe H, philosophy microdelivery/origins modern friction for physical exfoliation, Clinique dark spot line, Murad rapid product with hydroquinone - skin lightener.

Over time the spots will become less. @karenallyn

Hi there!

You can try any vitamin C serums to help fade the old acne scars (the Sunday Riley CEO is my favourite) or you use something targeted like the Kate Somerville D-scar which works great!

Another thing to consider would be making sure you're exfoliating regularly; ideally with acids as opposed to scrubs, this with help speed up your cell turnover and fade the scars a lot faster.

Good luck!

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: Post-acne spots advice?

@robinmclaughin I’ve done lemon and baking soda. The lemon juice lightens and the baking soda exfoliates. I do this because I’m broke- P lansimple 😅🤷🏾‍♀️ my skin gets extremely oily and scars easily. The mix will dry out your skin if you don’t wash it off with a warm rag and add a nice lotion afterwards. So long story short mix lemon juice and baking soda into a paste and rub in circular motions on scared skin, then wipe with a warm cloth, then moisturize. (I am not a professional! I do what I do to save money and try to have nice skin!🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾)

Re: RE: Re: Post-acne spots advice?

@Anonymous you're better off using salicylic acid. Lemon juice and baking soda aren't the correct ph level for facial skin. Lemon juice can cause sun sensitivity and burning. Baking soda can dry the skin out further.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: RE: Re: Post-acne spots advice?

Ok thanks! I’ll look into that @TrysBeautyItems
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing