Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Pigmentation

How to treat Pigmentation on upper cheeks?

Re: Pigmentation

Thank you @quspork 

this is so insightful! Thanks a lot! 
Although, what would you recommend for azelaic acid serum and Niacinamide? I used to use Ordinary’s Niacinamide but didn’t find any changes/results.

Also, do you have any favorites for Vitamic C?

My absolute favorite vitamin C is Tiam My Signature C Source (available through several K-beauty retailers). It's made the biggest different in my post-acne hyperpigmentation. For niacinamide, I wasn't a fan of The Ordinary's to be honest and really just prefer having it as a secondary ingredient in other products (for instance, my holy grail- Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence). I haven't tried too many azelaic acid products yet, but just picked up one from Peach and Lily's Peach Slices line to give a whirl! 

What's your current skincare routine, @pri55?

Hi @quspork 

it’s not the greatest. I’ve acne prone skin which breakouts pretty often especially when I use any new product.

Right now I’ve been using Cetaphil’s face wash and moisturizer with Supergoop’s sunscreen. I’ve started to use Blume’s Meltdown oil that helped controlling the acne but ever since I saw the pigmentation on the upper cheek I’ve stopped using that too.

I recently order Tulsa’s Vitamic C serum for acne marks since I’ve few on the lower cheek.

if you have any recommendations or advice for me, would love to know that. Thank you!

I think you're on the right track, @pri55. If you're still experiencing breakouts on a regular basis, you might try adding in a BHA serum (Paula's Choice and CosRx are popular choices) a couple nights a week. My main recommendation for discolorations is usually vitamin C. It can take a couple months to really get the full effect, but it works better than most ingredients I've tried. If the one you're using doesn't seem to make a difference after a couple of months, you might try a different one that is ascorbic acid-based, rather than using vitamin C derivatives. It can depend on your skin's sensitivity to the ingredient of course, but those of often better at helping with hyperpigmentation. Alternatively, you could also consider adding in an azelaic acid serum or niacinamide to help as well. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing