Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
Anonymous Insider

Peter Thomas Roth- retinol fusion pm (night serum)

This stuff has bold claims and I’ve only used it a handful of times since purchasing. I get bad blemishes and use differin at night for it. However it says not to mix the two. I don’t want to get more blemishes by using the ptr one.... anyone have any good experience with it? And any opinions on what I could do differently? Thank you!

Re: Peter Thomas Roth- retinol fusion pm (night serum)

@Anonymous you definitely don't want to use two retinols/retinoids, irritation overload.

How long have you being using otc Differin? How often used? Applying to whole face or using as a spot treatment?

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: Peter Thomas Roth- retinol fusion pm (night serum)

I’ve been using differin every night as an all over face treatment. It helps with my acne and keeps my skin smooth and healthy looking. I was going to try to do the ptr retinal pm infusion in place of differin 3 times a week, then differin the rest of the week.

Re: RE: Re: Peter Thomas Roth- retinol fusion pm (night serum)

@Anonymous If you like Differin, ask your doctor/dermatologist for the 0.3% prescription version...it does come in a generic.

Haven't used the PTR, but with my other non-retinol topical I use it in the a.m. obviously retinol is better used at night. Take a week or 2 off of Differin, when you try the PTR, so you can see if it irritates. Otherwise it may be hard to decipher what's causing what.

Anonymous Insider

@TrysBeautyItems I only use the differin at night. And then in the day I wash my face, use a toner and then a moisturizer and eye cream. Should I incorporate something else or another serum during the day perhaps? Acne, smilelines and dark under eye circles are my main issues. I am however 25 and I know I should be using preventative measures

Figured you're using Differin at night 🙂 Meant with the PTR and Differin you can't use one in the a.m. the other p.m. easily. Just ease into it, and see how your skin reacts.

If you want, a vitamin c in the a.m. can work as well. Like OLEHENRIKSEN - Truth Serum®

Remember the standalone spf daily.

Another option: niacinamide can be used with retinol. Apply retinol first, wait until completely absorbed by skin and apply niacinamide. I wait until the N is dried down to apply moisturizer. Sephora option: The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

@morganyk 

Anonymous Insider

@TrysBeautyItems 

i have the Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 29 mL

as well as

0834F873-12CB-4D1D-8725-AF09927FECDF.jpeg
16BF30BA-978F-47E9-8ED4-CC33133D5DF6.jpeg

This product. Could I use them in the way  you recommended with the other products? Then at night possibly use differin?

Those will be ok in the a.m. and either retinol at night. @Anonymous 

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos3
  • 0834F873-12CB-4D1D-8725-AF09927FECDF.jpeg
  • 16BF30BA-978F-47E9-8ED4-CC33133D5DF6.jpeg
testing