Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Painful Cystic Acne

I suffer from horrible cystic acne. Red, inflamed, unbelievably painful large lumps that sit under my skin. They very rarely reach the surface of my skin. They usually last weeks sometimes even months. When I have them for months they usually disappear and then all the sudden will flare up. I was thinking of trying the EradiKate spot treatment by Kate Somerville, it seems to have good reviews. Anyone here that has/had cystic acne ever try it?

Re: Painful Cystic Acne

I tend to get cystic acne when the weather becomes a colder. It's always around my chin/mouth - lower half of my face. I have switched using liquid foundation and now use bare minerals powder which I believe has definitely helped. Also, I sometimes find if I overuse different products its just irritating it further so I have in fact used olive oil as a face moisturizer at night and it genuinely healed my face. 

when i have cystic acne i use a detoxifying face mask,the...

when i have cystic acne i use a detoxifying face mask,then to treat ir i either use the kate somerville eradikate or i pwrsonally recommend this: mix clearasil acne treatment cream, clean and clear advantage spot treatment gel, aloe vera gel and activated charcoal and apply it on the cyst before bed and over a couple of days, it should shrink down. i have used this method for the past year and it has saved my life.

I feel your pain and there has only ever been two things that work:

1) Ole Henriksen's Invigorating Night Treatment. (blue bottle) 

2) http://www.lavignenaturals.com/product/vitamin-c-serum/?v=3e8d115eb4b3

The second serum is from a small company that I was very skeptical about at first too but honestly, the product is amazing. I've had acne since the 6th grade (in my early 20s now) and nothing helped except this for the longest time. The site has reviews for this product and others and you can research them more if you want, but it really works. It's honestly worth the money and the price is in Canadian dollars so if you are from the states it's cheaper. 

Anonymous Insider

I've used the EradiKate on cystic acne; it worked well enough except it flakes and you can't wear it out of the house - it's pink and can't go under makeup. Wasn't worth it. A bit better than the Mario Badescu version, but not much, and with both - the FLAKING. I don't need little pink flakes all over myself. Especially if the cystic acne is above my eyes and the flakes nearly get in my eyes ... I don't need an opthamologist bill over this. Sticking with my benzoyl peroxide spot treatment from Clinique; it's really just as effective but it dries clear enough that I can go out with it on. And not going to blind me or color my pillow case overnight like the EradiKate. (Then again, my pillow case is white ... I guess it might bleach something else? These acne products are hardcore.)

RE: Painful Cystic Acne

I used to deal with the same thing from medications. It was very painful so I understand. I have very sensitive skin and I am a redhead. I am 38 and I have tried so many moisturizers to combat my acne and make my skin feel...well sane. My saving grace was the Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Face Cream. It is amazing. My acne disappeared. I am not kidding. It is so refreshing. I am now on my third jar. I also use the Rose eye cream as well and it is just as nice. I hope it works for you if you give it a try. 🙂

RE: Painful Cystic Acne

I had cystic acne from taking Paxil and it was horrible. Most over the counter products don't work because the problem lies beneath the surface of your skin. You will need something with retinal and red light therapy does help. Are you taking any medications? I was told Paxil didn't dothat but as soon as I stopped my skin cleared up. If you have been diagnosed with cystic acne, have a dermatologist prescribe you something. Good luck, I know it's hard to deal with

I'm in the same boat! I have Celiac and anytime my sweet...

I'm in the same boat! I have Celiac and anytime my sweet kiddo touches or kisses my face I end up with a terrible cystic breakout! so first what has FINALLY brought relief... Red light therapy! I literally swear by it, find a near by tanning or salon place that has a red light bed and try to consistently go 3 times per week for 12 weeks, then you can go more into a maintenance schedule. Second, I really want to try Kate's products as well! I cannot always get a timely red light session so I would like to find anything that will help keep these breakouts at bay!
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing