Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

PLS HELP ME! I PEELED MY SKIN:(

Hi everyone :’(, today I was supposed to go celebrate my birthday with my family at a restaurant, but I recently burnt my skin due to an excess  of product on my skin and couldn’t go because I wasn’t feeling confident at all and just wanted to hide from everyone. Basically, I have fungal acne and recently used the Nizoral shampoo to clear it and it did amazing for the first 4 days. In the fifth day of using it, I remarked that it had burnt my skin on the nose and between my eyebrows…my skin texture was weird like if I had put on a peel of mask for too long. Here is a before and after using the Nizoral shampoo twice a day as a face mask for 10 minutes (morning and night). 

D0265428-285A-4856-868C-3DDAB3B68CD2.jpeg

5716051B-6ACE-4A0A-B68A-47D55D6E6195.jpeg

On the after picture, I hadn’t peel the burnt skin yet but I’ll show you what it looks like now; after I peeled it:(…

DA3D6170-7369-44A6-A08E-DCBBF9C920A3.jpeg

6468D079-8CC5-4CE0-A05F-84DC93136113.jpegCan someone help me with the red peeled spots please :’(

Re: PLS HELP ME! I PEELED MY SKIN:(

Hi @sabrina177 ! To help that red raw skin heal, use a gentle hydrating cleanser on it. Nizoral is fantastic for yeast overgrowth, but not for a broken skin barrier. CeraVe, Vanicream, and Cetaphil make good gentle cleansers. You can probably still use Nizoral elsewhere on your face, but consider taking a break from it until your skin heals. 

Then, while that skin’s still damp, apply a petroleum-based balm as a moisturizer. Petroleum is the most occlusive skincare ingredient available: it seals hydration into your skin and acts as a temporary protective barrier while your skin heals underneath. Try CeraVe Healing Ointment, Aquaphor Ointment (unless you’re sensitive to lanolin, which Aquaphor contains), or plain ol’ Vaseline or other brand of petroleum jelly. You don’t have to put it on your whole face, though there’s nothing wrong with that. But do make sure it covers your raw red area. 

That + time and patience are all you really need. If you get any other burns on your face (or anywhere else on your body), don’t peel or exfoliate them. 

When in doubt, see a dermatologist or your primary care doctor. Did a doc instruct you to do 10-minute Nizoral masks twice daily? That seems excessive... last time I had yeast overgrowth on my skin, I used Nizoral every other night for a week or 2, and I let it sit on my skin for just 2-3 minutes before rinsing it off. If a doc told you to use it as frequently and let it sit as long as you have, please tell them how your skin reacted to it and ask about reducing usage. 

I’m sorry you’re going through this! Your skin will heal up, just be gentle and patient with it. And remember that you’re beautiful regardless of a little chem burn. 

Re: PLS HELP ME! I PEELED MY SKIN:(

thank you so so much for your patience and your advice. 🥺 I’ll update you X! also, when I realized that Nizoral burnt a few spots of my skin, I automatically stopped using it! *like I said, I used it as a face mask two times a day for 10 minutes -> 10 minutes because I watch Skincarebyhyram a lot and he said to apply it on our face for 5 to 10 minutes! (I also listened videos on Youtube of people who had fungal acne and how they used the product, and 10 minutes seemed effective for them!). 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos4
  • D0265428-285A-4856-868C-3DDAB3B68CD2.jpeg
  • 5716051B-6ACE-4A0A-B68A-47D55D6E6195.jpeg
  • DA3D6170-7369-44A6-A08E-DCBBF9C920A3.jpeg
  • 6468D079-8CC5-4CE0-A05F-84DC93136113.jpeg