Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Acne-Prone Skin

PLEASE HELP,Adult acne,inexpensive skin care

PLEASE HELP!!! I've never had acne problems but all the sudden at 34 i do. Some are big. I\'ve used Philosophy for about 2 years. The acne has been about 8mts.I started using BareMinerals foundation for 2 months but there is no change in my face. I thought it might help. My skin is norm to combo. Im on a small budget. Please recommend an inexpensive acne skin care . PLEASE HELP!!!

thanks,Mandi

Murad, Clinique, Peter Thomas Roth, and Philosophy all ha...

Murad, Clinique, Peter Thomas Roth, and Philosophy all have acne skincare starter kits for under $40.  Whether salycilic acid, benzoyl peroxide, or a combination of the two will work better for you, you will have to find out through trial and error. 

I think the main thing you should focus on though is "What was the sudden cause of the acne?"  Did you start a new medication?  Make changes to your diet?  Treating the cause of the acne versus just the acne itself is likely to be the most succesful.

Remember, it takes 30 days for your skin to turn over and it will take at least that long once you've made a change in your routine (skincare or lifestyle) to see full results.

Ive been trying to figure that out. The only thing i can...

Ive been trying to figure that out. The only thing i can think of id Slimfast diet   

Hi Mandy! I'm a teenager so i have the same acne problem...

Hi Mandy! I'm a teenager so i have the same acne problem too! I have been using cliniques 3 step acne solution stuff and its been working really well! Its $50 dollars but it lasts for about 6 months, so its a lot of product for your money. Your supposed to use it 2 times a day, so i do it in the morning after my shower and at night right before i go to bed. It takes about 3 minutes to do so its not time consuming either! I really hope that you try this because its been working for me!

Best Wishes,

Cassidy

Have you tried seeing a dermatologist ? I see one for a f...

Have you tried seeing a dermatologist ? I see one for a face cleanser, scrub, and lotion with caffeine and retinol for acne control and anti aging. I do use some other products, especially for SPF, but I find the derm works best for me. She even gave me a cream for if I just feel one coming on.

Mandi,   I would recommend you trying the Murad -"Time Re...

Mandi,

I would recommend you trying the Murad -"Time Release Acne Cleanser" $30, you get a wopping 6.7 oz. of action packed acne fighting ingredients as well as anti-aging benefits.  Murad is a great line for several adult skin concerns due to great free radical fighting botanical's. This is true bang for your buck product!

Also, change pillow cases a bit more often to minimize excess oil and bacteria.  I've had clients that had to even change their hair products due to irritants in certain formulations.  Just some other tips to consider.

Best,

Sheranda

Adult acne and teenage acne are different. I, too, have t...

Adult acne and teenage acne are different. I, too, have tried Philosphy, so I understand your concerns because at a certain point, a skincare regimen or product just stops working. I also understand the emphasis on inexpensive acne skincare. While there are products that work great out there, in a month or two, $30 is down the drain. Now, as for product recommendation...have you tried Dermadoctor's Ain't Misbehavin' Medicated AHA/BHA Acne Cleanser? It costs $25 and lasts at least 6 months if you use it twice a day. If you read the reviews on the product page, a lot of the people with acne are adults versus teenagers. I should warn you that this cleanser may be harsh, but if you can withstand it for a few weeks, you'll get used to it. If you buy this, make sure to sample the Dermadoctor acne control serum, too. I only say sample because this serum is so expensive that I, myself, would have to think carefully if I should repurchase it. Now that summer is coming up, it's a good replacement for a moisturizer at night time. A tip for the longterm is to reassess your skincare regimen every season or at least twice a year because the climate/environment does affect your skin. I hope this helps and good luck!

I agree that Peter Thomas Roth has some great products fo...

I agree that Peter Thomas Roth has some great products for acne, like their face washes and sulfur mask. 

Another option is Mario Badescu's acne line, it's inexpensive and the products last quite awhile. You can fill out a survey and get free samples too.

I am allergic to something in Bare Minerals, it made my skin itch and broke me out a little, could that be part of your issue?

Stop using Bare Minerals! I've had acne-prone skin for ye...

Stop using Bare Minerals! I've had acne-prone skin for years, and I used to use that thinking it would be better for my skin. It actually broke me out worse, but it was these weird tiny little bumps on my t-zone area. They weren't exactly pimples but just a lot of clogged pores I guess.

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors