Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Ordinary products

Hello i am a 28 year old female who has struggled with cystic hormonal acne and adult acne since turning 18. I’ve noticed that with my skin it’s best to be simple and basic. It’s why I like the ordinary. My ask is if people can recommend ordinary products that assist with acne, dark spots and scarring from the acne. Also at 28 I would like to begin the anti-aging process. If anyone knows of the best ordinary products for acne and for an anti-aging beginner. Thank you help and suggestions are much much appreciated.

Re: Ordinary products

Hi @Mazaallison ! 

Question: which The Ordinary products do you currently use? Have you already tried their salicylic acid products? 

Best anti-aging skincare product on the market: sunscreen with minimum SPF of 30, applied each day your skin's exposed to sunlight, regardless of weather or season. If you don't already use sunscreen, get into the habit now. You'll have to reapply it every 2-3 hours; it's not a one-and-done application. But since many "signs of aging" are caused (at least partly) by sun damage, sunscreen is the best preventative product you can add to your skincare routine. There are plenty of good options available. My favorite chemical sunscreen is still Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL , and for physical/mineral sunscreens I love Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Sheer Mineral Sun Spray SPF 50 4 oz among others. 

I would recommend IT cosmetics. They have some great anti aging makeup that actually heals your skin and keeps break out to a minimum! I sort of struggle with acne myself, my skin is super sensitive to many different brands of makeup (MAC especially & unfortunately 😕 ) so I’m picky with what i use. I have recently switched from tarte to IT cosmetics face makeup and i have to say, I’m impressed with the quality of their products and the guarantee that they offer.

Bare Minerals is another good one and has proven to be very gentle towards my skin. Both brands are a bit on the pricier side but well worth it in my eyes

What TO products do you currently use?

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing