Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Opinions on Sunday Riley

2 friends thought I should try Sunday Riley ceramic slip cleanser and the ufo oil for my acne. I have combo skin, and I’m a little scared to try because I feel like nothin works, but I want clear skin. Have anyone tried it?

Re: Opinions on Sunday Riley

I credit Luna with having cleared up my skin more than any other product.  I am on my fourth bottle and would never want to give it up.  My brother on the other hand loves U.F.O. I think they'd both be worth a try.

I also really like the Sunday Riley cleanser, but I don't think it really has any huge benefits that justify the cost.  I just really like the smell and the way it leaves my skin very clean, but without leaving it dry.

Anonymous Insider

Opinions on Sunday Riley

I've tried both, the ufo oil made my skin purge pretty bad (made me breakout in congested areas instead of just healing them) and the ceramic slip cleanser felt nice and is a cool concept but I just didn't see it made a noticeable difference in clearing my acne. Skinceuticals blemish+age treatment has worked 100 times better at clearing my breakouts and keeping new ones under control. Sunday riley products that I've used that did help my acne were the Martian toner and Good Genes (I used the Good Genes mostly to help reduce visibility of scarring on my face from acne).

I have combo skin and currently am using up my Ceramic Slip deluxe sample. I don't like it at all. It doesn't clean my skin very well, I'm going to be glad when my sample is finished. I haven't tried UFO.

Anonymous Insider

I agree! I have oily skin and found the clay to be very drying and the formula irritating.

SR products are really hit or miss with me. I love Good Genes, hate the Martian toner, and Luna broke me out. I haven't tried UFO but a lot of people love it. As far as the Ceramic Slip cleanser, I found that to be just "ok." You can certainly find something that will work for your skin and be much cheaper. 

You'll find a lot of Sunday Riley fans here. But, my sensitive, combination skin hates 3/4 of the products I've tried from the brand-- Luna, Tidal, and Good Genes. It does, however, tolerate the CEO serum. I'd recommend going to a Sephora store and getting samples if you're really interested in trying the brand.

HI!  I'm 35 with acne prone oily skin and the Sunday Riley UFO oil did NOTHING for my skin...but my skin does not really respond to salicylic acid products - if yours does, it might be worth a try! I use a glycolic scrub 2-3 times a week and it really helps keep my breakouts at bay, and then for long term, i need a benzoyl peroxide cream. Hope you find something that helps, because i know how frustrating it can be!! 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing