Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Oily skin

Looking for a primer that’s full coverage and that works with oily skin

Re: Oily skin

Hi @brendis23!

The most important step is skincare so make sure you're using the correct products to help you control oils.  Drinking water helps too!

I'm currently testing out the MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Hydrating Makeup Primer with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide 1.52 / 45 mL and it seems to be working pretty well for my oily skin.  It makes my face feel a bit sticky but it goes away once I apply foundation on top.

My favorite primer has been Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mL.  It's smooth and blurs pores well.

I learned from the Tatcha Masterclass that it helps to blot your face after sunscreen, apply primer, foundation/concealer, blot again, and apply translucent powder.  Doing it in this order prevents a cakey look.

this advice helped me! thank you! no more cakey looking m...

this advice helped me! thank you! no more cakey looking makeup! 🙂

Oily skin

The brand Make Up Forever has a "mattifying primer" that I found to really help with oily skin before putting on my face makeup. I would also use Ole Henriksen's "counter balance oil control hydrator" on a clean face BEFORE the primer or any face makeup. Let the moisturizer sit for 5 minutes after softly, but thoroughly rubbing it in, BEFORE you add the primer and then your face makeup (also wait 5 minutes to put on your face makeup after you put on the primer). Those two have been a game changing duo for me (while keeping my skin shine free and my makeup looking fresh all day!)! I also have insanely sensitive skin and both of these products do not irritate my face one bit!
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing