Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Oily skin need a new moisturizer

I’ve always had super oily acne prone skin and when I was younger I was using both the Cetaphil gentle face wash & their “oil free” moisturizing cream. I’ve recently noticed that cream is WAY too heavy and oily for my face. Looking to buy an oil free gel based one bc I heard they are better for oily skin... what are the best ones out there!?

Re: Oily skin need a new moisturizer

I use the Juicy Beauty Oil Free Moisturizer (the one without sunscreen). It's very light. The one with sunscreen irritated my skin but the one without is really light and soothing. 

A hyaluronic acid serum (used for hydration not moisturization) might also work. I use two but they are very expensive. I'm sure they have reasonably-priced serums at Sephora. 

RE: Oily skin need a new moisturizer

I absolutely understand your concerns. I have had acne prone skin since I was in the 6th grade. I received some samples of Sunday Riley and Tatcha and I’ve been hooked since. I reached out to Sunday Riley for some advice. My routine for the morning is: Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip, UFO oil, CEO serum and Tidal. I’m including all of these because I feel like my oil production is controlled throughout the day and I’m very hydrated. I do basically the same for the evening routine except I add Luna oil and Good Genes. I’ve only been doing this routine for about three weeks and I honestly feel like my scars are diminishing, blackheads are gone, and my skin is glowing. I’ve tried so many products and I have hope for my skin now.

I recommend Caudalie Vinosource Mattifying Fluid. It's a lightweight moisturizer that dries down to a more matte finish on your face to help control sebum. I have very oily acne-prone skin, and this has really helped. It's made for sensitive skin so it doesn't make me break out, and it's not drying or harsh. I like to use it in the morning before I put on makeup, and I use the Vinosource Sorbet at night with my serums.

Does the sorbet give you some extra moisture??

Try the oil mattifier moisturizer by Murad. It’s definitely for oily acne prone skin. the cool thing about it is that it has spf in it!

Personally, I would recommend oil free moisturizer from Neutrogena. They are really lightweight and not greasy. Cetaphil is indeed still too heavy for oily skin.

@sammyras I have a Cetaphil moisturizer from the Redness Relieving line, and I agree that it's too heavy.  I only use it on very dry areas.  I rec CeraVe PM.  It is super lightweight, affordable, and rec'd by derms.  🙂

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing