Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
Anonymous Insider

Hey. Im completely clueless when it comes to everything makeup. How to apply, find the right shade, everything. I have combination skin and am prone to acne. Any and all help advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Re: Newbie

To find your shade, go to a sephora at an hour that isn’t busy to get help from someone (thats what I did when I bought my first liquid foundation). When its crowded, they have less time to spare for each customer. As for your skin type, which is the same as mine, search for oil free foundations, concealer, moisturizer, etc. Search for foundations that don’t contain talc & phtalates, apparently its bad for acne!! For foundations & concealer, always make sure what kind of coverage it provides (light, medium, full) to cover redness, dark circles, acne,  etc. Cuz yes some concealers cover close to nothing lol. For eye shadow, start with neutral « boring » colors to get better at it. Thats all the advice I can give you!! I’m still a novice too so above are all the things I wish I knew before 🙂 

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing