Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Newbie to skincare

Hi everyone, I'm in my early 20s and I still have acne around my cheeks and chin area. My skin feel dry but oily at the T-zone. Does anyone have any recommendation on the products to help reduce the oiliness but still hydrate my skin? Thank you!

Re: Newbie to skincare

It sounds like you have combination skin. It is often quite a struggle finding products that works for the dry and the oily areas, so you may be needing to use one for your oily ones and another one for your dry.

I personally have oily skin, so some products that have worked for me is: The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Water Cream and Youth To The People Mini Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 2 oz/ 59 mL 

Hope this helps:)

What products are you currently using, @AnMaiNguyen or are you looking to start from scratch? You wouldn't want to jump into using exfoliating products like AHAs, BHAs, or PHAs until you have a basic routine of cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen in place. 

Through my friend’s recommendation, I purchased kravebeauty sunscreen and cleanser and I like both of them. My moisturizer right now is tatcha water cream but I’m not really like it. And my biggest mistake was using bha paula’s choice and my skin started to freak out and I was breaking out like crazy so I stopped using exfoliate. I want to have a new routine that is suitable to help control the oiliness but dehydrated skin. As well as help smoothing my acne. 

Hi @AnMaiNguyen ! It’s sounds like you have combination skin, dry in some places, oily in others! You are totally right, you want products that will help balance the oiliness, but also hydrate your skin. I love Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Cleanser 4 oz/ 120 mL . It is really gentle, but I see such a big difference in my acne and oily spots. This cleanser does not make me face feel dry or tight! Then, I would recommend an oily balancing toner like Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL , which also has acne fighting ingredients! A moisturizer I love is SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hydrator - Hydrate & Glow 1.69oz/ 50mL . It has Hyaluronic Acid, which draws moisture from the air to your skin 💧It is non comedogenic, so it won’t clog your pores. Lastly, a sunscreen! SPF should be worn every day, even when you’re inside! This one also protects against blue light from your screen Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL . I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions, have an amazing day 😊

Thank you so much! You are so kind, I will definitely take a look at your recommendations. 

My absolute pleasure @AnMaiNguyen ! Let me know if you have any other questions 💕 Happy Friday!

@AnMaiNguyen @If you find the Glow Recipe toner is not hydrating enough, I would suggest Herbivore Jasmine Green Tea Oil Control Toner 4 oz/ 120 mL  💕

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing