Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

New Problem with Forehead Acne - Watermelon Sleeping Mask Reaction?

I am 33, and have never had issues with acne on my forehead. I've even had bangs for almost 10 years, and have never had any extra skin issues from hair brushing my face etc.

Problem: 

A little over 2 weeks ago, I broke out in a pretty bad way- my entire forehead has developed a large patch of tiny bumps. They start from my hairline, extend to either side of my forehead and a few have even popped up just below the line of my eyebrows. I can see that a few are small whiteheads, but the rest don't have any heads etc. They aren't red or painful, but there are a ton of them. The entire texture of my forehead has changed and is now just a mess of bumps. 

Background/Context: 

Skin type is oily. Acne happens mainly with period related acne along jawline and chin, with the odd spot on my cheek.

My skin is actually getting the best breather of it's life right now because I haven't been wearing makeup since mid-December when my province went on a mandatory lockdown of all bars, so I'm currently not working. My diet hasn't changed, and I'm also roughly one month smoking-free. 

Products: 

- OLEHENRIKSEN Find Your Balance™ Oil Control Cleanser OR Malin+Goetz Grapefruit Face Cleanser (both have been regular products 1+yr

- The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL (6+ months)

- The INKEY List Peptide Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL (6+ months)

- Retinol once or twice a week depending on how lazy I am. I also try to use Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Extra Strength Daily Peel Pads  every 3-4 days. (6+ months)

The new products I have introduced are Glow Recipe Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask 2.7 oz/ 80 mL # and The INKEY List Niacinamide Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL  (using both for about 3 weeks). Would either of these products cause such an intense reaction? I've used both previously, and had no reaction whatsoever. 

Has anyone else reacted to either product this way? I can only assume it's been caused by these products as they are the only new things introduced to my routine/life. Maybe I'm using them wrong...or there's something in the ingredients list I don't know about? 

Any info would be amazing!! (sorry I wrote a novel)

Re: New Problem with Forehead Acne - Watermelon Sleeping Mask Reaction?

I had issues with similar products specifically niacinamide as the ingredient. There is also chance that your skin is purging but if isn’t then it’s best to stop using the product. 

Re: New Problem with Forehead Acne - Watermelon Sleeping Mask Reaction?

It could be either of the new products, @Leepers. I personally have had breakouts with the Glow Recipe mask unfortunately. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing