Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Need help

Hi! I’m just started using the murad acne control cleanser, the outsmart acne treatment, oil and pore spf 45 PA++++, and cetaphil moisturizing lotion.  My face is normally oily but right now it’s been really dry! Any good moisturizer to help with my dryness and acne treatment to help reduce my redness and acne? It looks like this in both side and on the other side it’s more like dark pimples. I have sensitive skin please help meee

B986E918-1E86-44FA-9B56-7C26DD043974.jpeg

Re: Need help

@chu123 Were you experiencing that much redness before you started your current products? It looks like your skin is irritated, likely over-exfoliated, especially given the dryness. I'd step back from the current routine and move to something more gentle for the time being to give your skin a chance to heal. A gentle cream or gel cleanser, the cetaphil moisturizer if you feel that's working for you, and sunscreen. After a few weeks, you can then slowly work a treatment product back in to target the acne- a BHA/salicylic acid can usually help with that. You can use the outsmart treatment for that purpose, but I'd suggest just using it about 3x a week. 

@quspork My Face is usually always red and irritated from time to time but I never had this much acne until now. I want to try and reduce my acne and redness. I don’t want to have so many products on my face either because I know using many products can damage your skin. Also, do you know a better moisturizer that’s affordable and works great for my skin?

this is how it looks like right now :

D1573B99-3AEA-44E3-8451-3B72529313D0.jpeg

A9630C57-BE8C-47AA-AA9B-E20DDD7490DC.jpeg

If you want a moisturizer that's similar in cost the cetaphil, I would recommend trying Cerave. But a few other options that I like: CosRx Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion (available at Ulta or K-beauty retailers), Benton Snail Bee Steam Cream (available at K-beauty retailers, bonus snail is a great ingredient for helping to heal acne), belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet Mini 0.66 oz/ 20 mL 

@chu123 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos3
  • B986E918-1E86-44FA-9B56-7C26DD043974.jpeg
  • D1573B99-3AEA-44E3-8451-3B72529313D0.jpeg
  • A9630C57-BE8C-47AA-AA9B-E20DDD7490DC.jpeg
testing