cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Need help with pores

image.jpg

I have really big and deep pores, for years honestly. Are there any product recommendations to reduce? And/or makeup tips to help it? 

I recently purchased mini cleansers from Peter Thomas Roth & Murad. Also the sample of Dr. Dennis Gross mini peel treatments. 
*picture of what my skin looks like w/o any makeup

thank you 🙏🏼 

Tags:

Re: Need help with pores

I use to have really large pores from years of acne. I would recommend a niacinamide toner or serum, 5-10% are the most effective. As well as using a chemical exfoliant regularly. It took a while to see the difference but I started seeing results in about 4-5 months. My pores are definitely smaller not super tiny but way better than what it was before. 

@MelMelSerrano Exfoliating is a great way to clean your pores. I’d also suggest a Niacinimide product The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Cleanser 5 oz / 150 ml . Have a wonderful day 😊 You’re beautiful no matter what 💕

@MelMelSerrano  What's your current skincare routine (exact brands + products)? You mentioned getting samples of the DDG peel... I assume you mean Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Mini Alpha Beta® Universal Daily Peel Pads 5 Treatments ? 

If your pores are naturally large/visible, you can't really "shrink" or close them. But excess sebum and dead skin cells might be stretching them wider than usual. Salicylic acid (aka BHA: beta hydroxy acid) can get down into your pores to degunk them. This can make them look less stretched open, but won't make them invisible—and that's okay! Some folks just genetically have large pores and there's nothing wrong with that. I have combo skin, and my oily zone has visible pores. I can never make my pores invisible like those on the rest of my skin, but I do use BHA to help maintain their normal size. 

The DDG peel you mentioned might work well for you, so try that first. Don't use the peel daily, though: use it no more than 3 times a week, if even that frequent. Otherwise you risk over-exfoliating your skin, which leads to a broken skin barrier and allows acne-causing bacteria to set up shop in your pores. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • image.jpg
testing