Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Need help asap

0A2DCB43-6115-4497-97C6-C2E6119B38CF.jpeg

00BF8DDE-E13E-4AB1-AEA2-80B16708DA96.jpeg

My face has been really bad. My face is really irritated, red, and it burns. I don’t know what to do to help decrease my pimples and make them go away. Please help. I have oily skin but right now my face feels really dry and it’s peeling. Not sure if it’s peeling due to cold or why. Also a recommendation of a moisturizer would be helpful too. 

Re: Need help asap

Hello I have a teenager to and she had Acne two I got for the kate somerville products it work for here mybe you will like to try but remember you have to give the product time to work at list 3-4 moth whit out Missing treatment I hop it help you let me know if it does 🤗 

Hi girl! I recommand to search product without perfum, frangrance, achool, ect to not irratate your skin more. I have the moisture surge 100h from clinique. It doesn’t have perfume and it have aloe for a good hydratation. It’s a gel moisturizer. 

I hope it’s help you🙂

I suggest just to support the skin while on medication. Try using these. Kate Somerville EradiKate™ Daily Cleanser with Sulfur Acne Treatment 4 oz/ 120 mL Kate Somerville EradiKate 1 oz/ 30 mL Kate Somerville DeliKate™ Recovery Cream 

Hi @chu123 - the products you use are similar to those our doctors recommended, not to mention minocycline is a prescription. That leads me to believe you’re under the care of a physician and I would suggest to keep the regular doctors visits as they can help monitor your situation much better. 

The only thing I can suggest are the Peace Out Salicylic Acid Acne Healing Dots in those cases your pimples come to a head and keeping them sterile is helpful (if you have a tendency to touch your pimples)

I second these!  I use the Peace Out Microneedling Dark Spot Brightening Dots too for scars.  

@chu123  Since you mentioned (in a reply below) that you're on prescribed acne medication, I second @quspork's advice to talk to your primary care doc or a dermatologist—preferably whichever doc prescribed your acne treatment. We BIC members can offer up random product suggestions, but we're not dermatologists so our suggestions could worsen your condition or work against your doc's treatment plan. If you haven't yet, please tell your doctor about your concerns and ask them for possible solutions. 

Don’t use anything that will dry your face even more. 

need a good toner. One that’s gentle. I use one from Soko glam but just find a light gentle toner. Aha/bha. 

just use ur normal toner and serum. I would put Murad acne spot treatment on the big pimples. And laniege Cica sleep mask on at night. It will give a lot of moisture to ur face AND help pimples go down. Ur face is overly dry so that’s usually why we break out. (Ppl think the opposite like extra oily but it’s usually cause our skin is too dry. So drink more water too). 

Are you currently using any products, @chu123? If so, what are they? If you are able, I'd highly recommend seeing a dermatologist to get a proper diagnosis and plan for treatment of your skin. 

Yes, right now I’m taking some acne pills minocycline hydrochloride, my face wash is benzoyl peroxide tropical wash 5 percent, clindamyclin phosphate solution 1 percent, cetaphil lotion, murad oil pore control sunscreen

image.jpg

 these products are in the night 

Since you've got prescription products in your routine, @chu123 I'd go back to your derm and discuss your concerns and see if they can recommend any changes for you. They'll have the best knowledge as far what your skin may need right now. 

@chu123 I would recommend OLEHENRIKSEN Balancing Force™ Oil Control Toner 6.5 oz/ 193 mL as an intense spot treatment or toner. It's a god send for my skin. However, it can be quite drying and intense so double up with a nice moisturizer and if you're peeling I'd also recommend adding some oil into your routine such as the #Drunk Elephant Mini Virgin Marula Luxury Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL or Sunday Riley Juno Antioxidant + Superfood Face Oil or even The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Moroccan Argan Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL only add 2-3 drops to start with. It might seem counterintuitive to use oil but it helps tricking the skin into not over-producing oil. When our skin gets dry it tries to overcompensate by producing even more oil and it helps further moisturize to calm down those dry patches. I also really enjoy the Kate Somerville Anti Bac Acne Clearing Lotion 1.7 oz for acne. It's a lovely unscented moisturizer that targets acne and my face reacts quite nicely to it. A nice everyday moisturizer that falls somewhere in between of helping calm the skin and be nourishing to providing much needed hydration that I've really been liking is the Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 23 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos3
  • 0A2DCB43-6115-4497-97C6-C2E6119B38CF.jpeg
  • 00BF8DDE-E13E-4AB1-AEA2-80B16708DA96.jpeg
  • image.jpg
testing