Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Need help acne

Hi! 🙂 I’m looking for skincare products for acne that works ! Thanks you for your answers 

Re: Need help acne

Hello , 

I just cleared my 12 year old daughters acne on her face , seen results in 7 days Shea moisture black soap . Purchase in Ulta beauty . I also clean my make up brushes and bath with it as well . You will be shocked , I was , enjoy

I work at a dermatology office and the pillars of a good skincare routine are:

AM: vitamin c serum and a gentle moisturizer with spf (like the cerave and ceraphil brands)

PM: retinol and a gentle moisturizer 

we always recommend differin which is a nice over the counter gentle retinol. If you have more acne prone skin I recommend using something with benzoyl peroxide for spot treatments, I love the la roche posay effeclar duo. You can also look for a vitamin c serum with salicylic acid and a glycolic acid cleanser to use once a day in the morning. And any serum with niacinimide and kojic acid will help fade hyperpigmentation from acne. 

All depends on your skin type and the type of acne you get. I have combination skin with oily/acne-prone t-zones with some redness on my cheeks and nose. I tend to get white heads on my chin.

The best thing that works for me when I have acne is Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum  works very well for me to help me with access oil.

I've been trying The INKEY List Beta Hydroxy Acid 1 oz/ 30 mL but I don't find it helps me that much, planning to switch to SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads 60 Pads to see how those work.

I still sometimes get a pimple here or there on my chin, but nothing too bad since starting on Niacinamide Serum. I've tried Benzoyl Peroxide in the past and I get a very bad reaction to it.

Sephora got me hooked on a brand called boscia for years (like 17 years to be exact). I’m still hooked til this day. My skin looks amazing thanks to their cleansing gel and the pore puddy mask. I wish Sephora still sold their products. I use tatcha or aveeno daily face lotion with spf 15 and a couple of drops of drunk elephant bronzer drops. I have dry skin right now due to the weather! Hope this helps! 

fwiw I find Boscia products at the TJX family of stores a lot, Ross and Marshall’s and all that. 

Thank you for your answer ! 🙂

my favorite brands for acne are: 

la roche posay

dermalogica

murad

innisfree

neogen 

I’ve tried a lot myself!   But the one product that really worked / helped my skin is Kate Somerville EradiKate™ Daily Cleanser with Sulfur Acne Treatment 4 oz/ 120 mL 

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing